Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

I have a frozen bag of seafood but no idea what to do with it.

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does anybody have any good ideas?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM

A seafood fettuccine would be good.  What kind of seafood is in the bag?

CBMMOM
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quoting txmom-o-3:

I'm not really sure. It's a homemade bag of food. There's no label. My son's roommate's mother gave it to them and they gave it to me. There is crab meat,something that looks like squid maybe. There's mussels and scallops,I believe. And some other unidentifiable (by me) things in there,too.

edorsey
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting txmom-o-3:

I'm not really sure. It's a homemade bag of food. There's no label. My son's roommate's mother gave it to them and they gave it to me. There is crab meat,something that looks like squid maybe. There's mussels and scallops,I believe. And some other unidentifiable (by me) things in there,too.

Try making a seafood stew/soup like cioppino. Usually it just calls for clams, mussels, shrimp and fish but just throw in whatever you have. :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/cioppino-recipe/index.html

CBMMOM
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting edorsey:

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting txmom-o-3:

Try making a seafood stew/soup like cioppino. Usually it just calls for clams, mussels, shrimp and fish but just throw in whatever you have. :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/cioppino-recipe/index.html

thank you. That sounds good. I'll let you know how it turns out. : )

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM

From the description, I think I'd make a chowder. :)

AmosFarkle
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd do a Low Country Boil.  Big pot.  Throw all of that in there.  Plus some chunks of potato, keilbasa, and corn cobbettes.  Water to cover.  Old Bay seasoning. When all is hot and done, go outside to your picnic table.  Put a bunch of newspapers on there.  Dump the whole steaming mess out (be sure to have lots of friends around to "Ooooh!  Ahhhh!"), put out rolls of paper towels, and everyone digs in with their hands as soon as it's cool enough to handle.  Have lots of sweet tea, lemonade or cold brewskies!  Some melted drawn butter is pretty nice on the side, along with hot sauce.  And if you like, put out some plastic forks.  The fun is eating with your hands and making a mess!  And slapping a hand that grabs what you were going for!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I've got nothing.

The other ideas sound good though.
CBMMOM
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM

So I showed my husband the bag of seafood. He saw the what we believe is squid. He was repulsed. The seafood's destiny has taken a new direction.      Bait.         : )

AmosFarkle
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

laughing You could remove the squid, cut it into rounds, batter it, and fry it.  Calamari!  With some marinara sauce....yum!

Quoting CBMMOM:

So I showed my husband the bag of seafood. He saw the what we believe is squid. He was repulsed. The seafood's destiny has taken a new direction.      Bait.         : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN