Seems to me you could use one of the store-bought deep-dish graham crusts if you want. I'm not a dessert person, but I could really go for this.
No-Bake Mile High Banana Split Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 16 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, or a combination)
- Hot fudge topping or chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries
- Lightly grease a 9-inch deep dish pie pan. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the sugar.
- Fold in the whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the graham cracker crust.
- Arrange the banana slices over the filling, followed by the pineapple and strawberries.
- Cover with 2 cups of whipped topping and smooth the top. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Drizzle the fudge or chocolate syrup over the top. (If using hot fudge, heat just until it can be drizzled, or you’ll melt your whipped cream layer!). Garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM