Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Need help food ideas please thanks

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

I don't get paid for 2 weeks and i have 60.00 left to spend on some food tomorrow. I need some ideas on what i can get to last to feed a family of 4. Thanks

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM

You can make ground beef go further by adding a can of drained/rinsed & mashed black beans.  This works great for a meatloaf or hamburgers. 

Using ground chicken or turkey is also less expensive than ground beef.

Over in the frozen food section you can find bags of boneless/skinless chicken breasts.  They are around $10.00 or less for the bag and there are around 16-20 breasts in the bag.  You can get many meals out of that.

Serving rice or pasta in place of potatoes is much cheaper.

If you brown hamburger meat, or ground turkey for one meal, put a little bit back and the next night use tortillas and make mini pizzas.

motamaid
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Make some big casseroles and z huge pot of chili. Things that are filling like ground meat with a can of green beans and a box of store brand stuffing mix in and a can of cream of something soup (mushroom is what I use most of the time) . Eat spaghetti and red sauce a couple times, french Toast or an egg bake.... Walmart is great for times like these.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Http://goo.gl/ZM4tQ

I can't make it clicky right now. It's a link that run or dye ( a 5k) shared in Facebook. I only glanced over it so far, but its suggest a meal plan for $25 a week. It suggest what store to get each item from.

We can get bread for .79 from the grocery store though, so it's worth spending sometime researching prices.
AmosFarkle
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM

1-2 pkgs. shaved lunch meat (the cheap stuff in the bags - like 99cents)

1 pkg. Rice-a-Roni (flavor to compliment the meat)

1 can cream of whatever soup (also to compliment)

Make the Rice-a-Roni according to directions.  Add chopped lunch meat and the can of soup.  Heat through. 

That's it.  Costs about $4.00 and there are sometimes leftovers.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

rice, beans, canned veggies or frozen,, potatos, pasta, look for meat reduced for quick sale

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN