Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

How do you spice up mealtime?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 121 Replies
7 moms liked this

We gave moms Hidden Valley Italians and Vinaigrettes and asked them to share their favorite recipe using the product. 

Check out what our moms are saying and then tell us, how do you spice up mealtime? 

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Wish2Be
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We loved Hidden Valley Italian Dressing with herbs! I got it this morning and made an early dinner ( since DH has to work early tonight ). I marinated 1.5 lb chiken breast  cut into med sized pieces put it in a ziplock bag with about 1/2 cup of dressing ! Then I used my grill pan and put a little olive oil on it to prevent from sticking.

I kept a small bowl of dressing and brush on the side and brushed it onto the chicken as I cooked it to give it more of that flavor ! 

I cooked it about 8 minutes on each side.

I served it with yellow rice and black beans ! 

DH and I loved it ! My son who is almost 4 seemed to like the chicken which is awesome since he hates meat!

Here it is marinating :

Cooking :

Done:

Dinner (Its so hot you can see the steam coming off the food) !

http://pinterest.com/pin/37014028160855679/

weberbaby
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Mobile Photo

We got the Italian dressing which is my daughter's favorite. I had planned on making some fancy meal but tonight I realized I had some chicken that needed to be used. So I improvised and ended up with a dish everyone loved! Yay!

I cooked up a full pound if bacon on the stove. Then using the bacon grease I cooked up some chicken, only adding a bit of salt and pepper. While that was cooking I put on a pot of pasta, just what I had lying around. I chopped up the bacon and chicken in bite sized pieces. Then I layered them in a bowl, adding Italian dressing after each layer. I mixed it all together and was done! My 5yo and 2yo loved it!! My husband loved all the bacon, yummy!!
sallij

I work full time outside of myy home, so during the week quick and easy meals are the name of the game.  I received Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with herbs, and thought it would be a great, flavorful base for a sauce in the crockpot.

I had a beef roast in the fridge, so I chose to make pot roast.  To start, I mixed a cup of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals with a packet of brown gravy mix in my crockpot.  The dressing is full of herbs and  seasonings, so I didn't need to add anything else.  I then placed my roast in the crockpot, turning it a couple times to ensure all sides were coated in the dressing.

I topped it with carrots and potatoes I had on hand, then popped it in the fridge so it was ready to go before I left for work in the morning.

I left it on low all day, and when I opened the door this evening, the smell was indescribably amazing!  The roast and vegetables are full of flavor, and it only took about 10 minutes to prep. 

I'll definitely be using Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals in the future!

Check it out on pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/pin/172192385726255675/

Harris06
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I am so excited to share my recipe! It is SUPER easy but delicious! The Hidden Valley dressing that I received was a pomegranate vinaigrette. Now, let me be honest by stating that when I opened the box and saw that is what I was given I was immediately disappointed and thought, "what am I going to do with this??" I don't mind pomegranate fruit too much, though it is not my favorite, but I do not like pomegranate flavored anything, really; candy, icing, cough drops, etc. Not to mention, I don't like sweet fruits on my salads or meats; i.e. pineapple on my pizza or mango on my chicken. Needless to say, I was sitting there looking at this bottle going, "ok, what now?" I had a couple of ideas to try, and still plan on trying a few out with what I have leftover actually, but ultimately decided to try my pomegranate vinaigrette as a marinade for salmon. 

I took six (6) salmon filets and thawed them in a cold bath.

After they were thawed I then patted them dry with a paper towel before placing them in a baking dish.

Once in the baking dish I poured the vinaigrette over them, I used about a half of the bottle, and then put the dish in the refrigerator and let them marinate for 2 hours.

After the 2 hours was up I placed the dish in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees and baked them for 20 minutes. You want the salmon to flake easily when it is done and 20 minutes was perfect for my oven. 

I paired my salmon with, as you can see, a side of mixed vegetables, broccoli, and rice (I would have used brown rice but I was out). I was so excited by the way that it turned out!! Everything complimented each other so nicely. My daughters are not really big meat eaters but all three (3) finished off their plates. My parents were also here for dinner and they both loved it, as well, saying that it was moist and not dry like salmon gets a lot of times when you are not careful, the flavor of the pomegranate vinaigrette complimented the salmon very nicely, and that this recipe is a keeper. I am so excited and I agree with them, I will definitely be making this again!

Pinterest 

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Wish2Be
1 mom liked this

We loved Hidden Valley Italian Dressing with herbs! I got it this morning and made an early dinner ( since DH has to work early tonight ). I marinated 1.5 lb chiken breast  cut into med sized pieces put it in a ziplock bag with about 1/2 cup of dressing ! Then I used my grill pan and put a little olive oil on it to prevent from sticking.

I kept a small bowl of dressing and brush on the side and brushed it onto the chicken as I cooked it to give it more of that flavor ! 

I cooked it about 8 minutes on each side.

I served it with yellow rice and black beans ! 

DH and I loved it ! My son who is almost 4 seemed to like the chicken which is awesome since he hates meat!

Here it is marinating :

Cooking :

Done:

Dinner (Its so hot you can see the steam coming off the food) !

http://pinterest.com/pin/37014028160855679/

CafeMom Tickers
maybebaby83

pictures coming!

Quoting maybebaby83:

Until today I had never even heard of farmhouse originals dressing from hidden valley!

I decided to make mine with chicken! I marinated the chicken in the sauce for about 2 hours (In the fridge of course!) while we went to my daughters gymnastics class. Then I set the oven to 350 and baked thec chicken for about 20 minutes.. While it was cooking I microwaved some shredded mozzarella cheese in a whole wheat tortilla.. Then I shredded some lettuce.. When the chicken was done I shredded it (which actually was VERY easy to do b/c it was so juicy from the sauce!).. I placed the shredded chicken over the cheesy tortilla and added the lettuce on top! I served it with a side of Broccoli and fruit (ALWAYS fruit at every meal in this house!)

My first bite I thought was kind of boring.. It didn't taste like much of anything.. So I added some hot sauce to it.. after a few bites of hot sauce I decided I liked it better plain. My husband had the same first impression. Bland.. He added ranch dressing to his lol.. He also  decided that was a bad idea and it was better plain! 

Overall we did end up liking it! We both ate 2 1/2 tortillas worth! My initial reaction was it was bland and boring but I actually really ended up liking it! My husband did too! Even my 11 month old ate it! My 2 year old is a whooooole different ball game and doesn't eat anything so she didn't even try it :/

I'm really glad I got to try this tonight! It's always great to try something different as we rarely do!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

shishie
2 moms liked this

http://pinterest.com/pin/211809988697986372/

I made chicken flautas and rice using the hidden valley dressing I received from the influencer program. My children loved them.

I started out with a cup of brown rice and put it into a pot with a tablespoon of canola oil. On medium heat I toasted the rice in the oil. To that I added what I have previously blended together in the blender. 1 teaspoon of cumin , a medium ripe tomato, half of a medium white onion, half a bunch of cilantro,2 cups of of low fat chicken broth, 3 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Italian Distinctive Olive Dressing. After adding that blended together in the pot, I brought it to a boil, turned it down to low and simmered for about 50 minutes, Mind you, if using white rice it should only take about 20 minutes.

While the rice was cooking, I poached a pound and a half of chicken breasts in low fat chicken broth, until fully cooked. Took the chicken out of the poaching liquid and shredded it on my cutting board. I then put into a bowl and added enough of the Hidden Valley Italian Distinctive Olive Dressing to moisten the chicken. Next I put warmed 2 packages of corn tortillas in the microwave (about 1 minute a package) until they are pliable . but not falling apart.  I took a tortilla and laid it flat on the cutting board. I put a tbs. of chicken filling on the bottom of the tortilla and the then roll into a cylinder shape. I proceeded to do this to both packages of tortillas. In a skillet, I heated 2 tbs. of Canola oil and added the rolled up flautas seam down to fry to golden brown. Then using thongs flipped them over to fry the other side until golden brown. After they were all finished put them on a platter lined with paper towel to drain. While cooking them add more oil as needed. When the rice is finished stir and serve on the side. Garnish with salsa, sour cream, cilantro  and / or limes. Enjoy.

shishie
I still have a half of the bottle left , so I am thinking about making something else this week with it. I will post when I make something else.
sallij

I work full time outside of myy home, so during the week quick and easy meals are the name of the game.  I received Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with herbs, and thought it would be a great, flavorful base for a sauce in the crockpot.

I had a beef roast in the fridge, so I chose to make pot roast.  To start, I mixed a cup of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals with a packet of brown gravy mix in my crockpot.  The dressing is full of herbs and  seasonings, so I didn't need to add anything else.  I then placed my roast in the crockpot, turning it a couple times to ensure all sides were coated in the dressing.

I topped it with carrots and potatoes I had on hand, then popped it in the fridge so it was ready to go before I left for work in the morning.

I left it on low all day, and when I opened the door this evening, the smell was indescribably amazing!  The roast and vegetables are full of flavor, and it only took about 10 minutes to prep. 

I'll definitely be using Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals in the future!

Check it out on pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/pin/172192385726255675/

I'm running a marathon to support the Semper Fi Fund!  26.2 miles has to be worth something, right?
http://communityathlete2012.stayclassy.org/sallijones

Harris06

After my initial recipe I had about a half of a bottle left of the Pomegranate Vinaigrette so I decided to do something different. I do not have but one picture of the finished product but it was super simple, I bet you can figure it out just by my description. ;) 

Ok, are you ready? Take out your crock pot. Take out the Pomegranate Vinaigrette. Take out a package of pork chops. Place pork chops in the crock pot and pour the Vinaigrette over them to cover, at least mostly. I actually started late so I put them on high for 4-6 hours because I wanted them to basically fall apart. I wanted to be able to cut them with a fork. :) They were perfect!!

As you can see, I paired my Pomagranate Pork Chops with Lima beans, black eyed peas, and brown rice.

Again, I made dinner for my parents and, of course, my children, and it was a super big hit!! The chops were so moist and the flavors were so complimentary. This will be a keeper of a recipe, as well.

http://pinterest.com/pin/228205906091199577/

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

momma-flynn
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I was excited to try this salad dressing after seeing a commercial for it. I marinated some chicken breasts in the dressing for about 30 minutes. Then I breaded them with garlic breadcrumbs, browned them in a pan & finished the chicken in the oven. I made some pasta & topped it with spinach & artichokes. I put the chicken on top with some grated Parmesan cheese. It was delicious.

http://m.pinterest.com/pin/280700989247844184/
ReesesPieces

http://pinterest.com/pin/122300946104207368/

I am generally not a fan of Italian salad dressings, but I was willing to give the Hidden Valley Farmhouse Italian with Herbs Dressing a try.  My family was certainly glad I did.  

I made a yummy Creamy Italian Parmesan Chicken and Pasta dish, and it was really simple to make.

Ingredients:

Pasta (any type)
3 Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
4 oz Cream Cheese
3-4 oz Hidden Valley Farmhouse Italian Dressing
Fresh Basil, chopped
Cherry Tomatoes

Cook chicken and shred.  Cook pasta.  While pasta is cooking, prepare chicken mixture.   In a high sided pan, heat and mix together the cream cheese, italian dressing, and chopped basil.

Once cream cheese has melted, add the chicken and stir.  Heat thoroughly.  Mix in parmesan cheese.  Add cherry tomatoes last.

Strain pasta.

Serve chicken mixture over pasta and enjoy.

My husband has already asked me when I'm making it again.  My 3 more adventurous children enjoyed the dish, two of them didn't even try it, but I think they would have liked it if they had tried it.  I doubled the recipe for my family of 7.  We have also enjoyed the Hidden Valley Farmhouse Italian dressing on salads.  It's a really versatile dressing.  I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to cook with an Italian dressing, but it was fairly simple, and yummy.

ambermario4ever

I made a simple dinner. For those night when you don't have a lot of time.  I made roasted chicken salad.

i bought a roasted chicken at the grocery store. You can use baked or grilled chicken as well.

i used a fresh head of lettuce. I chopped it up put it in bowls added the chicken and some croutons. You can add what ever other salad toppings you like. 

Then I added the dressing. Hidden valleys home style Italian dressing. 

It was a tasty filling meal. That was fast and simple to make. It was a hit with my husband. The dressing was very good and full of flavor. 

Here is the link to my pin http://pinterest.com/pin/60446819971867682/

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN