Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Pork, Broccoli and Rice Casserole

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 16 Replies

Original recipe makes 8 servings

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cubed pork, rice and broccoli. Stir in the cream of celery soup and mayonnaise, then season with pepper and curry powder. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil.
  3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until evenly heated through. Remove the aluminum foil for the last 5 minutes in the oven.
    by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    TigerofMu
    by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I've made something similar to this, and it is a good hearty meal that everyone loves!

othermom
    by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    1 mom liked this

This sounds good

mikemantha
    by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Me too. But I don't do so much broccoli because DS doesn't like it and if he has to pick around OMG his world is ending. Lol except I don't use soup just water and add cheese on top. 

I think ill use soup next time. It looks so creamy! 

Quoting TigerofMu:

I've made something similar to this, and it is a good hearty meal that everyone loves!

TigerofMu
    by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I buy Cream of Mushroom a case at a time to use for cooking.  You could sub something else for broccoli...

Quoting mikemantha:

Me too. But I don't do so much broccoli because DS doesn't like it and if he has to pick around OMG his world is ending. Lol except I don't use soup just water and add cheese on top. 

Quoting TigerofMu:

Come Eat it up in Family Meal Solutions!

Join the fun in First Time Moms!

And don't forget to MAX THE MORNING!

mikemantha
    by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    1 mom liked this

I usually buy cream of chicken by the case for cooking. With DD it wouldn't matter. He will only eat the rice and chicken. I just put the broccoli on top so it cooks but its not mixed in for him amd that way me, DH and dd can have the broccoli 

Read more:Quoting TigerofMu:

I buy Cream of Mushroom a case at a time to use for cooking.  You could sub something else for broccoli...

Quoting mikemantha:

Quoting TigerofMu:

SweetLuci
    by Luci on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I've made this (without curry) and with cream of mushroom instead of celery which we don't like,  and it's very good. Also good made with chicken or ham.

mikemantha
    by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I want to try this with cream of chicken soup. I will use chicken. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

I've made this (without curry) and with cream of mushroom instead of celery which we don't like,  and it's very good. Also good made with chicken or ham.

PoehlerBear1983
    by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    1 mom liked this
    sounds good!
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    AmosFarkle
    by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    1 mom liked this

Leftover roast pork?  What's that?  hahaha

(Kinda like having leftover wine to freeze in cubes...)

copperswifey
    by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    1 mom liked this

Yum! :)

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN