Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

Will you cook from scratch or box?

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I have never made anything for Thanksgiving from a box.  My family would probably revolt if I were to try.  My daughter said something about stove top stuffing the other night and I thought my husband was going to have a coronary.

I will start cooking and doing all the prep I can this weekend.

Alieda
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:15 AM
We go out for dinner
karone04
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Nothing. We are going to my uncle's.

Bribriesmom
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I will be helping my mother prep, nothing boxed.
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Scratch for me.  It's potluck at my cousin's, and we discuss what everyone's bringing.  My assignment: deviled eggs and something sweet potato.  I decided to bake the potatoes, cut them in half, scoop out the flesh, and do a "twice-baked" thing.  Mostly brown sugar, butter, spices.  But I plan to do a slightly more "savory" thing with a couple of them.  I'm thinking mascarpone cheese, since it's slightly sweet.  Any other thoughts?

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Lucky you!!!!  We did that one year since it was just my parents, the df, and yds.  Oh, man.  It was glorious.  At a country inn, waitstaff in tuxes, and exquisite food.  Just the right amount.  No cooking, NO CLEANING!  I. LOVED. IT.

Quoting Alieda:

We go out for dinner

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Scratch. I have been trying to get everything together.Still need a few things

Alieda
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
There has be a change in plans we are going to my Sister In Law house and I am making my sausage cornbread stuffing
redheadstar
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM

No boxed stuffing or canned gravy in this house.

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Scratch for me.  It's potluck at my cousin's, and we discuss what everyone's bringing.  My assignment: deviled eggs and something sweet potato.  I decided to bake the potatoes, cut them in half, scoop out the flesh, and do a "twice-baked" thing.  Mostly brown sugar, butter, spices.  But I plan to do a slightly more "savory" thing with a couple of them.  I'm thinking mascarpone cheese, since it's slightly sweet.  Any other thoughts?

Sounds good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)