Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

What Are Your Convenient Mealtime Solutions?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM
  • 123 Replies

Dinnertime is often the only time that you get to sit down together as a family. That being said, you don't want to spend a lot of time preparing a meal when you could be enjoying your quality family time.

We gave 50 moms Mueller's, Anthony's, Ronco, Luxury or Golden Grain pasta to prepare for their family. This pot sized pasta was a quick, delicious and convenient meal option for their busy lives.

Tell us, What are your convenient mealtime solutions? 

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
dusky_rose
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Hi ladies, Sue here. I live with my DH and my youngest son David in Washington state. I got my Golden Grain Pot-sized thin spaghetti in the mail and use the gift card to buy the fixings for our favorite spaghetti meal.

Honestly, I usually use regular thickness spaghetti, but I thought I'd give it a try because it only takes 8-10 minutes to cook, plus my spaghetti is one of David's favorite meals. I love the idea of not having to break the spaghetti pasta and getting those little pieces flying all over the place. The problem that I had to resolve was how to measure how much pasta I needed for the meal. Since the pasta is half as long, I needed to measure out twice as much. They have this guide printed on the box, but that didn't work for me. I finally ended up weighing out half a box and kept the other half for another meal (maybe I will try a recipe off their website next time, that chicken enchilada skillet pasta looked interesting).

So we were waiting for it to cook.

David kept popping into the kitchen to see if it was ready so I took a pic of him and his froggie puppet. Why is it that kids are "starving" right before dinner? LOL

Finally done, yay! It didn't take long, really.

I hurried up and fixed a plate for David right away (can't have him wasting away).

And the verdict? Everyone loved it! Sorry, no pictures of eating, because we don't eat around the table, but I had no complaints about this meal at all.

I would buy this pasta again, only $2 a box isn't bad and if you think that you want to try it I saw a coupon for 75 cents off in last Sunday paper's ads.

invisibleme
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM

The Spaghetti was great. I loved the Pot Sized pasta! It made preparing the spaghetti alot quicker and less messy. No more chasing broken noodle everywhere. If I can find the pot sized pasta I will purchase it  in the Future as it will store better in the cupbosrds than traditional spaghetti boxes.

Since you sent me 2 boxes of pasta I invited Family and Friends over to enjoy it with us. Everyone enjoyed the meal that consisted of the angel Hair Pasta, Italian Sausage and Hamburger spaghetti sauce with Garlic Bread.  My Nephew told me this needed to be a new Sunday Tradition!

Presley77
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I was inspired to make a sauce from scratch to go with the Golden Grain pot sized pasta. I used my blender to blend up about 5 large vine tomatoes, garlic and a red bell pepper. Then I heated it on the stove with chopped onion, mushroom and asparagus and added some black pepper and salt. I served it over the spaghetti and we had clementines and chocolate chips as desert!

It was super fast to make both the noodles and the sauce and I love the fact that I could pour the noodles right into the pot and they fit! What a great idea! Now that I know these exist I will definitely get these in the future.

My one year old loved them too!

Presley77
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My husband loved it
Presley77
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Presley77
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Mobile Photo

Presley77
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Mobile Photo

Presley77
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Mobile Photo

dusky_rose
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Hi ladies, Sue here. I live with my DH and my youngest son David in Washington state. I got my Golden Grain Pot-sized thin spaghetti in the mail and use the gift card to buy the fixings for our favorite spaghetti meal.

Honestly, I usually use regular thickness spaghetti, but I thought I'd give it a try because it only takes 8-10 minutes to cook, plus my spaghetti is one of David's favorite meals. I love the idea of not having to break the spaghetti pasta and getting those little pieces flying all over the place. The problem that I had to resolve was how to measure how much pasta I needed for the meal. Since the pasta is half as long, I needed to measure out twice as much. They have this guide printed on the box, but that didn't work for me. I finally ended up weighing out half a box and kept the other half for another meal (maybe I will try a recipe off their website next time, that chicken enchilada skillet pasta looked interesting).

So we were waiting for it to cook.

David kept popping into the kitchen to see if it was ready so I took a pic of him and his froggie puppet. Why is it that kids are "starving" right before dinner? LOL

Finally done, yay! It didn't take long, really.

I hurried up and fixed a plate for David right away (can't have him wasting away).

And the verdict? Everyone loved it! Sorry, no pictures of eating, because we don't eat around the table, but I had no complaints about this meal at all.

I would buy this pasta again, only $2 a box isn't bad and if you think that you want to try it I saw a coupon for 75 cents off in last Sunday paper's ads.

cjeffery2
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I received my Mueller's Pot-Sized Angel Hair pasta Friday.  I decided to cook some 4 cheese marinara sauce with ground beef and pair it with some deli garlic bread and a simple salad.  From start to finish, dinner was on the table in about a half hour.  This meal was a hit and so easy to make.  Everyone enjoyed it and DH, who isn't a big spaghetti fan, even asked for seconds.  I would definitely buy this pasta again.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I received the muellers pot size angel hair pasta. I added shrimp to mine. My family loved it! I love the price. I have 7 in my family and  the price of this is right in budget. I can feed my family something good and something I know they will love for  a great price.It was fast and easy. Usually with other pasta I always break it up before I cook it. I love the convenience of this pasta!I added garlic bread and a nice salad to top it off. Filled everyone up and was nutritious.My youngest dd helped me cook it and ate a huge plate full.Loved it so much shared this in another group and on fb.Thank-you for this opportunity!

brownlepard
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We were rushed tonight with cheer practice so we had everyones favorite spaghetti. With the noodles being pot sized it saved me time both breaking them and cleaning up any strays that get away during breaking. The girls all enjoyed it and the little one even had thirds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)