Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

One Dish Italian Chicken, Green Bean, and Potato Supper

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM
  • 27 Replies
4-6 raw chicken breasts (if you don't have any raw, quickly defrost them in the microwave-no biggie!)
1-2 cans of your favorite green beans (I had whole ones, so that's what I used)
Whatever raw potatoes you have handy (I had russets)-sliced, cubed, whatever suits your fancy
½ stick of butter (the original called for a whole stick, but we're always "dieting" and though an entire stick of butter makes me salivate, it also riddles me with extra guilt and Lord knows I don't need any extra of that)
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix

Arrange the chicken, green beans, and potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish, top with the butter and dressing mix, cover with foil, and bake at 350 for about an hour.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrnchyMamaCraig
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Hmmmmmm this sounds amazing and I could substitute the butter for coconut oil since we are dairy free. Awesome! I'm gonna make this!!
KamsOne
by Jen on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I love one dish dinners!  I've actually made this before (with fresh green beans though) and it was delicious!

wandep
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM

interesting

Kimberly954
by Kim on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:50 PM

SmartBalance makes a vegan butter! I used it when I was dairy free!

Quoting CrnchyMamaCraig: Hmmmmmm this sounds amazing and I could substitute the butter for coconut oil since we are dairy free. Awesome! I'm gonna make this!!

Kimberly954
by Kim on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Did you like it? The only thing that sounds iffy are the green beans. Were they mush when you were done??

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Mine weren't. You can use other veggies instead of green beans though.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Did you like it? The only thing that sounds iffy are the green beans. Were they mush when you were done??

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:
4-6 raw chicken breasts (if you don't have any raw, quickly defrost them in the microwave-no biggie!)

What does this mean? 

CrnchyMamaCraig
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I use coconut oil in most our foods in place of butter, and it's super healthy! I don't really feel deprived of butter or anything lol. Thanks for letting me know though!

Quoting Kimberly954:

SmartBalance makes a vegan butter! I used it when I was dairy free!

Quoting CrnchyMamaCraig: Hmmmmmm this sounds amazing and I could substitute the butter for coconut oil since we are dairy free. Awesome! I'm gonna make this!!

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Meaning it can't be frozen, the chicken must be raw so it will cook correctly.

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting OliviaW.:

What does this mean? 

Kimberly954
by Kim on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I think they meant thawed. Its still raw when its frozen. lol

Quoting OliviaW.: Meaning it can't be frozen, the chicken must be raw so it will cook correctly.
Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting OliviaW.:

What does this mean? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)