Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Whats the difference

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Kim
  • 10 Replies

Whats the difference between pizza sauce and pasta sauce? If i want to convert pasta sauce into pizza sauce, what spices do I need to add?

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:32 AM

That's a good question...I'm not sure...I'm still working on getting a good taste for homemade spaghetti sauce....but I googled and found some info on a discussion forum...hopefully someone has more info on this... http://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/21818/what-is-the-difference-between-pizza-sauce-and-spaghetti-sauce

othermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I am not to sure, maybe the thickness

cbhs_teacher
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I think it's up to you and your personal preferences. Pasta sauce is thicker than pizza sauce, but if you like a thick or chunky sauce, you would probably like it on pizza. As for spices, that's a personal preference thing too. Try garlic, onion powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, basil, etc...

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:17 PM

i just use tomato sauce and italian spices to make pizza sauce. tastes good to me. :)

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I'm not too sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I have not seen a lot of difference with the store bought products.  Some recipes are very similar too. 

Basically, pizza sauce (homemade) should have more evoo and pasta sauce has more broth. 

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM

With my recipes, there's a bit of a difference in the spice/herbs that I add.  I may cook the pizza sauce down until it's thicker, too. 

Kimberly954
by Kim on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I dont remember putting broth in my pasta sauce before! Hmmmmm

Quoting DissieDothe:

I have not seen a lot of difference with the store bought products.  Some recipes are very similar too. 

Basically, pizza sauce (homemade) should have more evoo and pasta sauce has more broth. 

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

I dont remember putting broth in my pasta sauce before! Hmmmmm

Quoting DissieDothe:

If you are going to simmer your pasta sauce, I think the added liquid is something like 1/2 cup per 20 min and no more than 2 cups per pot. I saw some roasted red pepper broth in the store ... could have been roasted red pepper & tomato broth.  That sounds really yum vrs diced tomatoes (undrained). 

For a good seasoned pizza sauce, try using a pkt of dry spaghetti mix and using enough tomato sauce & tbsp evoo to blend & spread over pizza crust.  The evoo keeps the sauce from sogging the crust. 

I have tried the recipe using pkt dry spaghetti mix + mayo + parm cheese.  The toppings were artichokes, spinach, & black olive + moz cheese.  It was okay. 

brittany208
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM

not sure, but im sure the difference is small and you could use one in place of the other if needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)