Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

kiss these days

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

Why is it our kids always want a snack 247 and then when dinner time rolls around oh I'm not hungry then when do eat its only a little and then be hungry again later and expect you to feed them at 8 9 o'clock at night

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea. Mine go through it too. 

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine do it too. We stopped letting then snack 3 hrs before dinner and it helps a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beachdeprived
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Yes, my daughter has been that way for years. She is what I call a grazer.. she likes to graze and have small snacks but not eat big meals. I figure kids grow out of it.

Whereismymind
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:59 AM
My middle DS is a snacker, he would eat all day if I let him and he is a skinny little thing!
Kimberly954
by Kim on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:26 PM

My dd is like that too. Never eats dinner and STARVES (according to her) right before bed. I have been trying to break this unsuccessfully. I have to keep reminding myself I have a snack before bed too.

andersongirl562
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't know ours ask but we only allow one snack after school and one snack at 8pm if they ate their dinner. And by snack I mean yogurt, fruit, cheese.
delanna6two
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

oh yes...lol...all the time...and I love to snack too.

latoiab
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:51 PM

yes hopefully they grow out of it my son is 9 and i swear even when he eats its like he is still hungry 

KamsOne
by Jen on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM

So true!  My daughter loves to snack but never wants to eat meals.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM

When they were little, I gave them a snack between meals and at bedtime. That was it. They knew if they didn't eat at a meal, there was nothing till snack time. It didn't take long for them to get the idea that they needed to eat when food was available. It was harder on me than them I'm sure, but it worked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)