Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Quick & easy meals??

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

Any ideas to make for dinner, that is easy to make and quick that doesnt have alot of ingredients in it? Any ideas??? 

Perferbly no take out, fast food etc. 

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Hi, need to work on this myself....I seem to be going around in the same circle these days with meals....

mandie86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Same here, and now that my schedule it alot crazier with my kid being in activities at the rec center after school, no time to cook the good meals as much anymore.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

What do you have on hand?

Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I have a serious lack of cooking energy the past week or so! Today I made a meatloaf early so I can pop it in the oven when I am ready. Monday I made a crockpot meal.

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM

When I need something quick I usually make kielbasa.  It cooks quickly and there are so many things you can do with it.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Sloppy Joes
rmp
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I made my favorite easy recipe today : No Boiling Baked Ziti and you can find the recipe on the Ragu website. You mix everything in a bowl and put in a 13x9 glass dish and bake for 55 minutes. You dont even need to boil the pasta. Wonderful and my family loves it. 

bjv0402
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

breakfast for dinner--eggs, hashbrowns, bacon or sausage, pancakes, french toast. or boneless chicken with cream soup in the crockpot with veggies served with noodles, chicken a la king ( i mix already cooked chicken with cream soups, mixed veggies, a lil milk and butter and serve over toast. Umm, tacos, spaghetti. I mix up a big pan of baked beans with meat in it. I buy the huge can of pork and beans at sams.I fry 1lb ground beef with 1 lb of sausage together. i add it to the beans,with green pepper, onion, ketchup,brown sugar, a lil mustard and sometimes even some pancake syrup and i bake it for an hour and a half (isnt quick cooking, but quick to put together) on 325. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with soup or fruit. When i'm really strapped for time, I'll mix up a banquet homestyle bakes. none of this is by any means healthy. But its quick and better than take out in my opinion. I also grill or sometimes bake foil hobo packets. I'll put a ground beef patty in a heavy duty pc of aluminum foil. On top of that I'll put a few potato slices,carrots, green pepper, green beans, onion. Wrap each individually and bake for about an hour. I serve mine with buttered bread and steak sauce or bbq sauce. I also make egg noodles, add canned chicken chunks ( i know someof you think Yuck but its a time saver) and cream chicken soup with a halfa cup of frozen (thawed) peas. I also like nachos with sloppy joe meat on top with liquid cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Sorry for the book and all the unhealthy ideas, but i hope it helps some!

kld10811
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I always keep large cans of our favorite soup on hand along with our fave cheese and bread. This way if I'm strapped for time or don't feel like cooking we have soup and grilled cheese.

one of my favorites (which is a nice alternative to "hamburger helper")

I brown some ground beef, add 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can of water, a pinch of oregeno (just a itsy bit) salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder (if you want). Let sauce come together, then add boiled macaroni, and throw about 6 slices of yellow cheese and let melt, then mix together. Its really good, my mom always made it when I was a kid. She hated hamburger helper and with this you can tweak it to your liking. (i.e. leaving out salt, using different cheese, etc)

nyyankeecutee
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Tastefully Simple :)

The link is in my signature or you can pm me :)

https://www.facebook.com/CeraOrigamiOwlIndependentDesigner
www.cera.origamiowl.com
https://www.facebook.com/CRodriguezTastefullySimpleIndependentConsultant
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/crodriguez4
https://www.facebook.com/CerasBowtique
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN