Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

What do you make from scratch?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

Give recipes or methods too, if you wish.

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Nothing. Not that good yet
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I try to cook from scratch all that I can. 

Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:56 PM

A lot! Because my dd is gluten free we make a lot of things to accomidate her. Plus, I dont like all the chemicals in EVERYTHING so I try to make things with basic ingredients. I have been googling recipes all day to make my own homemade soaps, laundry detergents, etc to get rid of the chemicals there as well.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I make my own hand soap and I have the laundry detergent but dh broke out :( I do make cleaning supplies too. 

Quoting Kimberly954:

A lot! Because my dd is gluten free we make a lot of things to accomidate her. Plus, I dont like all the chemicals in EVERYTHING so I try to make things with basic ingredients. I have been googling recipes all day to make my own homemade soaps, laundry detergents, etc to get rid of the chemicals there as well.

Beachdeprived
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Well... you are pretty (based on your lil' photo there) and you are quite the nifty gal. I don't like you at all! LOL!!!  That is awesome you make so much from scratch!!  I must admit... I don't recall making anything from scratch... just never been good at it plus it's just time consuming... not enough hours in the week after work to do all that.  More power to you though... certainly gives you much better control over what you put in your body and i do appreciate that!

Quoting Kimberly954:

Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Well, I dont have a day job except taking care of the kids so I have a little more free time on my hands than a working mom. :)

Quoting Beachdeprived:

Well... you are pretty (based on your lil' photo there) and you are quite the nifty gal. I don't like you at all! LOL!!!  That is awesome you make so much from scratch!!  I must admit... I don't recall making anything from scratch... just never been good at it plus it's just time consuming... not enough hours in the week after work to do all that.  More power to you though... certainly gives you much better control over what you put in your body and i do appreciate that!

Quoting Kimberly954:

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I try to cook a lot from scratch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I cook most things from scratch, that's how I learned to cook, and I like knowing not a lot of chemicals in our food, and it just tastes better to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN