Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Sidewalk Art - OT *pic*

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Kim
  • 12 Replies

Walking home from a friends today, I stop to say hi to my next door neighbor who is out working on his car. This guy is sitting right behind the car. I asked my neighbor if he got new "lawn art". We have a fake alligator in our flower bed. Nope. Neighbor had NO idea that this guy was back there. This little guy did NOT want to go back to the water either!

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Oh my. 

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Yikes!

Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I rarely ever cuss but today my DH got an "oh sh*t, there is an alligator in our driveway" phone call! I had the baby with me and we were walking home from a friends house!! Scared the crap out of me that he was just hanging out!

Quoting KamsOne:

Yikes!

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Did he ever leave or did you call animal control? Lol
Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We shooed him to the pond behind the house. He was sunning in the backyard this morning.

Quoting mylilprincesses: Did he ever leave or did you call animal control? Lol

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM

The excitement of living in Florida. lol When I first moved here, I had an ah ha moment as well when I saw one right outside the front door. We lived on a freshwater lake then. I called my neighbor and he "herded" it back to the lake.  Where I live now there's too much salt water, so don't see alligators, but do see lots of other critters. It's scary when you have a young child.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I rarely ever cuss but today my DH got an "oh sh*t, there is an alligator in our driveway" phone call! I had the baby with me and we were walking home from a friends house!! Scared the crap out of me that he was just hanging out!

Quoting KamsOne:

Yikes!

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I would have probably peed in my pants if I encountered that.
KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I would've freaked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM

hahahaha Well, my DH hunts alligators when they are in season and I have gone with him so it didnt bother me toooo much. More concerned about my 1 year old than I am about myself!

Quoting Bribriesmom: I would have probably peed in my pants if I encountered that.

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Wow, you're brave. Yeah, all the horror stories I've read about them snatching children is scary.

Quoting Kimberly954:

hahahaha Well, my DH hunts alligators when they are in season and I have gone with him so it didnt bother me toooo much. More concerned about my 1 year old than I am about myself!

Quoting Bribriesmom: I would have probably peed in my pants if I encountered that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)