Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Grout cleaning

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Almost everyone has it but it's such a pain in the behind to clean. I found a way to clean it and it's really easy. Woolite Carpet Cleaner. It comes in a spray can and it's prefect for making the straight lines for the grout. You just let it sit for about 10 minutes and mop clean. I have ceramic tile and a off-white and gray color of grout and it comes clean. On one website I saw it doesn't always work on different colors or certain seals of grout though.

http://happyhecticlife.com/2013/03/18/groutcleaningtrick/

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM

If you want to skip the chemicals, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a little lemon juice and a scrub brush got mine clean. :)

I also heard clorox toliet bowl cleaner works and comes in the squirt bottle thats easy to apply but I am not a chemical fan. My kids are too close to the ground.

RADmomma
by Sara on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I use a paste of borax & water. Scrub with a tooth brush!! Works great!!! Sometimes I add a little oxi clean powder too
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I'm going to give this a try. I don't like using chemicals in a place (bathroom floors) that get so much traffic from pets and kids. 

Quoting Kimberly954:

If you want to skip the chemicals, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a little lemon juice and a scrub brush got mine clean. :)

I also heard clorox toliet bowl cleaner works and comes in the squirt bottle thats easy to apply but I am not a chemical fan. My kids are too close to the ground.

rmp
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Our first home had ceramic counters and we were selling it so I had to clean them real good. There was this product called Clorox Gel and I put that on all the grout on the counters and left it for a few hours. Of course I opened the windows and went to my moms meanwhile. When I came back I used a toothbrush and they were sparkling clean!!

KamsOne
by Jen on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I'll have to try that.  I once tried a "natural" cleaner I found on Pinterest that was supposed to work great but it didn't work for me.  It was lemon juice and baking soda and something else.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I've tried a lot of different things. The tile work in my bathroom is really small and a pain to clean. 

Quoting KamsOne:

I'll have to try that.  I once tried a "natural" cleaner I found on Pinterest that was supposed to work great but it didn't work for me.  It was lemon juice and baking soda and something else.

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM

No kidding?  I'll have to tell my mom this!  Her kitchen tile is white.

delanna6two
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Thanks for the tips:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)