Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Do you have a TV in your kitchen?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went over my friend's house last night and she had a small TV on her counter. She said she loves it because when she's cooking she can watch what she wants while the kids play and watch what they want in the other room. I never thought about putting a TV in my kitchen, but I can see how it would be cool.

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM

We have a greatroom, so the kitchen, dining room are all open. I can see the tv from the kitchen, but it's seldom on unless we are watching something together. I don't like always having background noise, and if the tv is always on, I think it stops conversations.

4HMomto3
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM

No, but my livingroom / kitchen is an open area with a bar seperating the two so I can see the TV while in the kitchen. 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM
No
Kimberly954
by Kim on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Nope but we have one in the family room that i can technically see from the kitchen but mostly its on cartoons

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I don't have one in mine but my mil does. I prefer to listen to music when I'm cooking. 

delanna6two
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I would love one in the kitchen!....I run into program sharing problems too with my dc.

Quoting kadake:

I went over my friend's house last night and she had a small TV on her counter. She said she loves it because when she's cooking she can watch what she wants while the kids play and watch what they want in the other room. I never thought about putting a TV in my kitchen, but I can see how it would be cool.

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM
No
michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

No.  I don't really have the space nor desire.  My mom had one in the kitchen for years when I lived with them and I never really liked it.

squeekers
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:23 PM

our kitchen is so small, I barely have space for the microwave.

veraxaudeo
by Ashley Nicole on May. 1, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I don't, but I'm not a big tv watcher. Both of my grandmas have a small 13" tv in their kitchens. But they spend more time doing things at their kitchen tables than anywhere else in their houses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)