Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

What does your library do for summer fun?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

Ours has a reading program where kids can win tickets to the local zoo. They also have free movie rentals!

I loved taking my kid to the library in the summer.

by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foxracing43701
by Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Ours has storytime for different age groups as well as a summer reading program. They also have a bunch of different events like magicians, small concerts, puppets, ect. We will probably be spending some time there this summer!

sarebear31976
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM

we have a reading program where the kids earn a free book, and then tickets to win other prizes in a drawing.  The prizes are things like state fair tickets, bikes, and things like that.  They also get a packet of coupons for free stuff from local merchants.  The other thing our library does is all kinds of classes for the kids.  My son is taking Tae Kwon Do, and my daughter is taking a crafts class.  They offer computer classes, story times, etc..

iluv2read
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 1:28 PM

No clue. They are a pretty small library and don't have the best selection, so I don't keep up with their activities. In my hometown, however, they have tons of fun programs with visiting authors reading their stories, people dressed up like characters from books reading to the kids, programs to encourage kids to read more, contests, parties, and more.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Our library is closed for maintenance work this summer.  :(

Usually they have the summer reading program, craft & fun classes for kids, and of course reading to the younger kids at certain times in the day.

strictmomhere
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM
They do story time and play dates arts and crafts mcguff the crime dog visits and gives out coloring books
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by Angela on Jun. 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM

We do the Summer Reading Club 2011 for my school age kids. http://www.bcpl.info/kidspage/summerreading.html

PEEK05
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Our main branch library is closed because they are moving it downtown.

njmomof3
by Member on Jun. 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Our library has a reading program.  The kids earn points for the hours they spemnd reading and then at the end of the summer, they can use the points to buy little toys.

steph21078
by Member on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:33 PM

ours has the summer reading program, and they do alot of special activities.  My oldest is volunteering at the library this summer

CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM
They have reading programs. We go often!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)