Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

"I'm bored"...

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

What do you tell your kids when they come to you complaining about being bored?  Do you give them chores to do?  Find a game to play with them?  Something else?

by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM

We usualyl find something to do :O)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM

We find something to do.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

We find something to do.

What kind of things do you find to do when they're bored?

sarebear31976
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

if its been an ongoing thing all day I hand out chores.  But the rest of the time I have a stack of 3x5 index cards on my desk with activites on them.  They can look through them till they find something they want to do.  They have things like sidewalk chalk, water fight, coloring, painting, car wash, build a fort, play checkers, etc..

jollymommy
by Purple Platypus on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Depends on my mood.  It drives me nuts when they say they're "bored".  I knew a youth pastor that said, "Only boring people get bored.". And, I think that's true.  You have an imagination for a reason. 

There are so many fun games to play while standing in line.  "I spy", or try finding faces out of random objects, or try rearraging the letters in words found on signs, or sing to yourself, wiggle, have an imaginary tea party with no visible cups or pots . . . etc.

And that's when there really is nothing to do but just stand in line.  If I can think of 6 things off the top of my head to entertain yourself while standing in line, my children have no excuse to be "bored" while we're at home surrounded by stuff to do.  

jollymommy
by Purple Platypus on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:56 AM

that's a cool idea.  :)

Quoting sarebear31976:

if its been an ongoing thing all day I hand out chores.  But the rest of the time I have a stack of 3x5 index cards on my desk with activites on them.  They can look through them till they find something they want to do.  They have things like sidewalk chalk, water fight, coloring, painting, car wash, build a fort, play checkers, etc..

Life is hard, and God is good.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 8:56 PM
I give them chores lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

tell them to find something to do

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting mumsy2three:

We find something to do.

What kind of things do you find to do when they're bored?

We'll go outside a play or draw on the sidewalk. Sometimes we'll play the wii or games like Clue or Apples to Apples. Once in a while we will watch a movie but my sons don't usually watch to the end unless we go to the theater. Sometimes we go somewhere like the pool, the park, the lake, or the library. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Quoting sarebear31976:

Great idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN