Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family fun on a budget

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you have an active, fun-loving family, but like most families, you're on a tight budget? How do you find cheap things to do?

by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM

We do a lot of outdoor activies like flying kites and going to the park :O)

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I check the local news website, they have a free/nearly free column of things to do locally.  I also learn a lot from word of mouth & from paying attention when out & about.  In fact, last night when I took the kids to play mini-golf, I learned that they have "kids play free" every Tuesday.  Guess who'll be hitting up that deal this summer?  lol

sarebear31976
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I check constantly for things that are low/no cost for us to participate in.  Like tomorrow there is an arts fair.  We will get drinks at the gas station on the way and go walk around and look at everything and spend nothing.  There is even going to be music.  We also do alot of camping, going to the park, hiking, etc that is free or nearly free.

jollymommy
by Purple Platypus on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:00 AM

sidewalk chalk and bubbles can both be found at the dollar tree.  our imaginations are super. There are plenty of parks near by.  And if it's cold we go to mcdonalds (after we've had lunch) and order a drink for the adults and water for the kids.  So, it only costs like $3.  

Jess1231
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:12 AM
Beach, park, pool, bike riding, watching a movie at home, walks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

We have so many parks around our house that we can really try different ones all the time to keep kids from getting bored. I scour different websites like redbicycle.com to find free/inexpensive activities going on in our area

PEEK05
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I try to find coupons for places we like to go. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)