Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Kids in the Kitchen?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do your kids like to cook? 

Last night, my 13 year old made dinner.... something easy, tuna salad sandwiches.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the tuna seemd so "soupy" though, thought maybe it was just too much mayo.  Then, I realized, she didn't drain the water out of the tuna.  ROFL.... it was still tasty though.

What is the last thing your child made and how did it turn out?

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jollymommy
by Purple Platypus on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:21 PM

My 8 year (wait she just turned 9! lol)old loves to cook, and my 6 year old son wants to learn.  

I think the last thing she made was cream cheese eggs.  I taught her how to make them in the microwave.  Technically, she knows how to cook them on the stove, but I'm not comfortable with her being at the stove without me in the kitchen with her. 

It's 3oz of cream cheese mixed with 6 eggs, then usually you scramble that in a pan.  YUM!

Life is hard, and God is good.

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM

My DD (10) likes to bake, she doesn't really know how to cook yet though. The last thing she made were cinnamon rolls when we had breakfast for dinner =)

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:02 PM

My kids all love to help in the kitchen :O)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:50 PM

My teen will cook simple things for herself, she's not a very domestic gal :)

My sons love to bake with me. We bake cookies, brownies and cupcakes. They aren't fans of cleaning up though.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Yes, especially my middle. He loves to help out. They don't cook alone yet, they are too young.

Rogue35
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:02 AM

My 8 year old made eggs I had no idea.  She fried eggs and ham and It kinda freaked me out.  I told her I would prefer to watch her in the kitchen if she does it again.  I also have a 19 year old daughter and she helps me cook too.  It is nice to have another set of hands in the kitchen.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Quoting jollymommy:

My 8 year (wait she just turned 9! lol)old loves to cook, and my 6 year old son wants to learn.  

I think the last thing she made was cream cheese eggs.  I taught her how to make them in the microwave.  Technically, she knows how to cook them on the stove, but I'm not comfortable with her being at the stove without me in the kitchen with her. 

It's 3oz of cream cheese mixed with 6 eggs, then usually you scramble that in a pan.  YUM!

Sounds delicious!

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

My teen will cook simple things for herself, she's not a very domestic gal :)

My sons love to bake with me. We bake cookies, brownies and cupcakes. They aren't fans of cleaning up though.

Yeah, my kids aren't fans of the clean up either. lol

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

My 8 year old made eggs I had no idea.  She fried eggs and ham and It kinda freaked me out.  I told her I would prefer to watch her in the kitchen if she does it again.  I also have a 19 year old daughter and she helps me cook too.  It is nice to have another set of hands in the kitchen.

Isn't it funny when they do something we had no idea they knew how to do?  How did her eggs & ham turn out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)