Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Computer Time

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

If my kids had their way, they'd be on the computer 24/7.  I limit it though, so that no one is on more than a couple of hours a week. 

Do you limit your kids' computer time?  How much time do they get each day/week?

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Yes I do but in the summer I'm more lenient with it. She's usually allowed 1-2 hours of media time which could be internet, tv or ideo games during the school year but during the summer I don't really montior as much. she hardly takes advantage anyways LOL

PEEK05
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM

My oldest is only 2 so she doesn't get computer time.

sarebear31976
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM

we have a ticket system for the tv and computer.  They each get 5 tickets good for 1/2 hour of tv or computer time for the whole week, they also get one ticket good for a movie.  

mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2011 at 1:09 AM

it all depends on what else is going on, whether they are listening, which computer i want to use.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM

My 17 y/o is on here and there through out the day. She mainly checks her facebook sometimes she'll watch movies on it.

My 9 y/o is the one that spends the most time on it lately. He loves Club Penguin.

My 6 y/o likes to watch videos of Family Force 5 on Youtube. He's not on for very long though.

I don't really limit the time they are on because it's not all in one sitting. They are busy with other things throughout the day too. If it got to the point that all they were doing was sitting in front of the computer or tv, I'd turn it all off and we'd head outside.

mallowcup17
by Member on Jul. 1, 2011 at 8:23 AM

my SD has time at school(like 20 mins) we dont do much here with her during the summer but the kids have a restricted access login on the computer for when we do give the girls some time. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM

someone is always on the laptops here, they sit out on the deck and if it isn't my kids it their friends.

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 1, 2011 at 1:24 PM

My kids don't get on the computer.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Mine either.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

My kids don't get on the computer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Yes, we limit it. No more than an hour a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN