Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Is it really that hard?! (vent, PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
So my husband was in th early for four years and we live in NC during that time. We are from TN and everyone kept saying well if you we here we could hang out and so on. Well now that he is out and we now live a street, A BLOODY STREET, away from his family (his mom, two brothers, SIL, and two nieces) and not even a mile from my moms and here it is the fourth of July and my mom is having a BBQ and we weren't invited and his family is shooting off fireworks and such (we can see and hear them) and we weren't invited there either. They all know we have no money and three kids but instead of at least letting us watch the show (as bad as it sounds) we are here sitting at home and listening to the fireworks instead. I guess it was all just a bunch of lies, and I am wishing tht I never even came back here!

by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Now come to fine out my mom is doing the same bloody thing and she is not even a mile away! AAHH this is not a good mood day today for me.
itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Sorry you couldn't do anything. Did they tell y'all that y'all were not invited?

Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM
No they never told us about it. I don't think that his family knew we could see and hear them cause there are houses and such and my mom never told me I found out via a post on FB they were enjoying themselves.
sew4fun
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:06 AM

WOW I am sorry ! I deal with similar issues in my family . My parents had an event today and didnt tell me about it either.

Rogue35
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:06 AM

That is just awful.  I am sorry you are being treated that way.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM

That stinks. Very rude to not invite you.

Jess1231
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM
That's rude but I would ask about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Quoting jen113000:

That stinks. Very rude to not invite you.

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I'm sorry =(

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I'm sorry. That was rude. If I knew someone your circumstance, I would have invited you over. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN