Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

how many is too many??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

articles of clothing i mean...it seems no matter how much i get rid of...there is always more to get rid of lol.

Maybe I need to set a number like some people do. I think I read about 2011 which would include everything...down to earrings and socks lol...of clothing related items. Still seems like a lot when there is that big of a number.

How do you sort stuff you do not need or want to keep...do you go by if you havent worn or used it in a year..it goes? or longer?

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I clear out the kids stuff seasonally. Some stuff I store cause we are planning to have at least one more kid and other stuff I give away. For them i do it by sizing. For myself i pretty much go through once or twice a year and give away things that I haven't worn in awhile or I don't like anymore. i have alot of clothes too and shoes LOL But i wear them =)

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Same here except I don't plan on having another kid. I just do handme downs.

Quoting nngmommy83:

I clear out the kids stuff seasonally. Some stuff I store cause we are planning to have at least one more kid and other stuff I give away. For them i do it by sizing. For myself i pretty much go through once or twice a year and give away things that I haven't worn in awhile or I don't like anymore. i have alot of clothes too and shoes LOL But i wear them =)

Jess1231
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM
We go through it and if it doesn't fit or they haven't worn it then I get rid of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I am trying to figure this out now LOL. I have so many clothes that I do not wear or can not wear, and same for my girls. We are moving to a smaller house so I am trying to clear out stuff and I find it hard LOL

aneela
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 3:56 PM

yeah for my son it's easy...if it doesnt fit its gone..for me which is what im really referring to...its harder...cause you know..most things fit...but..do i need them all still?? and thats with already giving away stuff lol..

Quoting sew4fun:

I am trying to figure this out now LOL. I have so many clothes that I do not wear or can not wear, and same for my girls. We are moving to a smaller house so I am trying to clear out stuff and I find it hard LOL

mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I have 4 girls so we rarely get rid of clothing unless it is torn, badly stained.

LovesFredric
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:42 AM
I stink at this!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

when they don't actually fit in the dresser/closet, it's too many. Ack! We have so many wonderful hand-me-downs for DD, but it is just TOO much!!

Miranda1127
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 4:31 PM

hmm..I have no clue. I don't have to many articles of clothing. DD however.....it seems endless.

Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I only have like 150 and is still WAY to much we are going through and getting ric of things cause clothes are over flowing our bedroom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)