Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Family Picnic Fun

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107447/forums/read/14428249/Family_Picnic_Fun

Smarter Mom: Family Picnic Fun

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Cafemom Blogger
  • 20 Replies

When was the last time you were on a picnic? If you're like me, it has been a long time mainly because a picnic for the whole family just sounds like a lot of work. I'm here to say it's not as bad you might think. True it's not as easy as ordering pizza takeout, but it's worth the effort and is a lot of fun.

Plan: Start the pre-picnic fun at home, and get the kids as involved as possible. We tried to do a picnic activity everyday. One day we baked cookies for the picnic; another we packed games, and played pretend-picnic.

Pack: We consolidated as much as possible, and brought a cooler and a picnic basket. We packed sturdy plastic dishes, utensils, and glasses. (As well as a big trashbag to tote the dirties home in.)

Have Fun: The best part of a picnic is it's outside, so kids can be kids and play. Also bring something for when kids don't feel like running around. A "creative bucket" (paper, markers, stickers) always provides entertainment. I'm also obsessed with this adorable fold-up kiddie picnic table; it's a picnic-must if you can fit it in your car.

Any picnics planned this summer?

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Hmmm... maybe we'll do this soon! It's been a while.

Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Only took one picnic with the kids and it was not esy
itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM

TFS this info.

mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM

not really.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:06 AM

I would love to do a picnic with the kids! I like the idea of doing one activity every day to get ready!

We will be doing a "mock" picnic next Tuesday night when we go to visit my oldest son's camp grounds.

LovesFredric
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I've never taken the family for a picnic - but maybe we could start small - like just doing it outside in our own yard.  There is a park just 2 blocks away, so that's always an option.  How I would get my son to sit and eat instead of play is beyond me :)

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM

We've never been on a picnic together as a family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)