Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Etiquette Question!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

I would be happy to write my name and address on an envelope for the guest of honor

I would be offended. The recipient should address the envelopes herself.

Other. Because, well, you know! ;)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

I saw a letter in an advice column. The writer was very upset that people at bridal showers and baby showers handed out envelopes so that people could self-address them. She thought that if the person wanted to thank her, they should also take the time to address the envelope.

by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM
Replies (31-34):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jul. 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I am stealing this idea!!

Quoting natesmom1228:

I did that at my bridal shower and then we used the envelopes to draw the door prizes. So in the end it served two purposes. No one had an issue with it. I actually got compliments on what a clever idea it was.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

I am stealing this idea!!

Quoting natesmom1228:

I did that at my bridal shower and then we used the envelopes to draw the door prizes. So in the end it served two purposes. No one had an issue with it. I actually got compliments on what a clever idea it was.

It's yours!!! Go for it.

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:08 AM

That's how I feel, too. It's a huge chore to sit down and write out all those addresses. But for each person to write only their own, no problem! I just think it's a nice little extra. If I know someone well enough that I was invited to their shower, I would be happy to do that for them. :)

Quoting melissasue38:

I don't have a problem with it- it is just the envelope- it is not like she is asking to actually write out the contents of the card- esp in a day and age where so many people print labels on the computer anyway the handwritten card would mean more to me than the envelope.

KTMOM
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I think it is totally fine, the host may not have the address of every single person there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)