Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

ODS was getting in trouble for not listen. We tried the corner he wouldnt do it. We tried sitting in a different room he wouldn't do it. I went to put him to bed (he didnt have a nap) and he fought me again so I got the paddle. He was fighting me again when I went to turn him over he snatched the paddle and rared back to hit me. I grabbed it back spanked him and walked out so I didn't complete loose it. I dont what to do with him but since I started watching kids (so I can have income wiht out leaving the house) he has acted like a different child. He is usually very good, but he has started hitting, kicking, and spitting. What do I do? I have spen time with him dont things just for him and yet its still happening.

by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Replies (11-14):
fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I agree I think he wants his time with you.

lukesmyboy
by Christina on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I responded in the potty group about maybe setting up a schedule so he knows what to expect from the day with all these changes.

KTMOM
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:14 PM

It sounds like this is his way of acting out and crying for attention because he feels he is not getting enough. Pretty typical when you are having to share attention with other kids.

Barabell
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I agree. I like the idea of him having his own space that he can go to when it becomes overwhelming. It might be a good idea to start a positive reinforcement reward chart so that this doesn't turn into a cycle of negative attention.

Quoting kmrtigger:

Maybe he is acting out for attention. Have you had any one on one time with him? Does he have his OWN space while at home with the daycare?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)