Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frisbee

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 37 Replies

So I just got a cafemom frisbee and that got me thinking. I'm not sure my kids know how to use it.lol Heck I'm not sure I can remember how to use one without hitting someone hehe. So do you have a frisbee?? Do you guys play with it alot??

by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lukesmyboy
by Christina on Jul. 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM
My daughter fills hers with water and gets to feed the baby from it like a dog bowl :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM

We play frisbee w/ the dog a lot. It's her fav game.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM

We have three dogs and none of the fetch.lol How did you teach your dog to play with it??

Quoting Miranda1127:

We play frisbee w/ the dog a lot. It's her fav game.

KTMOM
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:28 PM

We play Frisbee and love it!!  The Aerobie ones are the BEST and fly just right.  I love to play and we have a big back yard so it is great to go out there and get exercise.  We have not played much lately because I hurt my neck and then we were on vacation and now it is 100+ degrees, but once it cools off, we will get back to it.

KTMOM
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I taught my Boxer to catch Frisbee very easily. It all depends on the dog and their drive. Some dogs simply love to chase and catch, some don't. If your dog loves to chase and can catch treats or toys out of the air, you have a good basis to start.  If you go on youtube there are a lot of vids you can pull up to show you how to teach them.

Here is a vid of my Boxer playing.  It was toward the end of us playing so he got really tired and was not trying, but the first one he does catch!  :) 

KTMOM
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Obviously when you start, you will toss it just really short distances and praise and reward them for even attempting to chase it.  Then once they start catching it, you can adjust how far you throw it.  It is GREAT exercise!

lukesmyboy
by Christina on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:45 PM
All this talk makese want to go play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Yes, we love playing frisbee. My hubby and son also play disc golf. Frisbee is really fun and is great for hand / eye coordination.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I just got a CM frisbee today! My sons took it outside and started throwing it to each other.

lukesmyboy
by Christina on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM

This post inspired us. We went out and played frisbee!!! Even my husband!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)