Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

swimming lessons

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM
  • 42 Replies

What kind of swimming lessons have your kids taken?

scuba

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovesFredric
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I'm thinking of signing my 4yr old up for swimming lessons - they are at an in-home pool - 4 days in a row for 45min each.  I think it will be nice to have the rapid succession for him to really get the hang of the new skills.  This will be his first esperience with lessons!!

KTMOM
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM

My son has not taken them, but he really needs to. He is VERY sensitive to chlorine though, and finding a place that has salt pools is HARD.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:19 AM

All of my kids have taken swimming lessons. They have gone to 3 different teachers over the years, all the teachers have been red cross certified teachers.

My sons took lessons last summer from some one who has been teaching for years and years, she is awesome. They were hour long lessons for 2 weeks. My oldest son got through level 2. My youngest is still in level one. I gave him this summer off but I will have him go next year and hopefully he will get through level 2.

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Both my kids have started swim lessons around 18 months just to get them comfortable in the water. Here they are for 2 weeks at a time every day so they master some skills pretty well =) My DD is 10 now and she's a freaking fish LOL This year she was learning dives from the high diving board! My little guy is 2 and this was his first year, he's learned to blow bubbles and dunk his head under water

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM

They haven't taken any.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM

My son just completed swimming lessons. He is a very good swimmer, but I wanted him to learn the strokes.

styler7
by Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM

They learned on their own, when they were about 3. We were always in water :)

Jess1231
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Dh helps them he was a life guard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lukesmyboy
by Christina on Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM

My kids dont. I taught lessons before so I just teach them myself.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM

They haven't taken any but I would like to sign my 5 year old up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)