Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

When your children were potty training did you...

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  • 32 Replies

put a pull up on them in public in the beginning or straight to underwear even in public?

by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KTMOM

nope. I never bought pullups.

PEEK05

My 2 year old goes in the potty about 90% of the time. 5% is accidents and 5% is bedtime/naptime.

I'm not sure if I should be putting a pull up on her in public or just wear panties. I haven't taken her in public since we started training last week LOL.

Leelee1008
by Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM

we tried doing the heavily padded undies and that didnt work, so we did pull ups for a while and then went to undies

saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:59 PM
I started with pull ups then realized my boys know it's not underwear so I just threw them away!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bemama2008
by Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Always panties!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I put a pull up on if we're going out for a long time, but panties every other time :) dd is having a hard time getting her panties off though :( but she does go potty 100% of the time in the house. Bedtime and outside are something we still have to work on.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM

So what do you do if your child has an accident and pees on the floor or something? Do you find someone before going to the bathroom and changing them or do you just leave it there? LOL. I'm sorry. My oldest is only 2 so this is new territory. I know she is bound to have accidents in public until she is confident to use the potty there and not just at home. I need to get one of those foldable potty seats too. She is not as sure of herself on the big toilet without a seat on top of it because she's so tiny haha.

Alexsangel07
by Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I put the potty inthe living room where Nevaeh could see it... I told her what it was used for and sat her down a few times until she went in it...then i stopped and one day she went all by herself and has ever since now...she only uses her diapers in bed.

saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM
If they have an accident I run them to the toilet and set them on it, depending on where the accident is and where the toilet is I either watch them while I clean it or get to it right after, now it's on carpet I throw a towel down right away then run them!
Being out in public is definitely something that takes practice they hear people talking, coming in and out, but it just takes practice:) also getting a reward for going potty works well to :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM

My parents did the pull ups in public with my brother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN