Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IMG_6956.jpg

I don't have a family pic but those are my two kiddos.

My name is Melissa, I'm 32 years old, I am married to Ben (almost 6 years now) and we have two children. Katherine is 11 and going in to middle school (where did the time go) and Miikka is going to be two next month. We have an array of other animals as well. We have livestock consisting of 5 alpacas and 3 llamas in WI. We have two dogs, three cats and three snakes. We are outnumbered by our critters. We live in Houston TX, but hopefully only for another couple months. We are all from WI but have lived in OH, WY, WI and TX since getting married. We are a baby wearing, BFing, ERF family. My husband loves wearing our toddler.

I sew cloth diapers. I am a professional photographer. I am also a hockey goalie. I know how to spin fiber into yarn and knit. I currently have about 25 pounds of alpaca, llama and sheeps wool to process.

Wow, so much stuff. I'm sure I've forgotten things but if you have any questions, ask away. I love to talk and am almost always on mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Replies (21-22):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 22, 2011 at 7:15 AM
That's cool, I've been playing almost 20 years. I played for Mankato State, now Minnesota State at Mankato for their inaugrial season. I've played in something like 10 states and two countries. I usually play with the boys, girls teams are usually not quite up to par. If I play for girls it's usually to help them out. I just got all new gear before I got pregnant with my youngest. I've played about a season with it. Anyway, cool to have something so unique in common!

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

That's awesome! I played men's ice and street hockey for 11 years and was a goalie too. I LOVED it. It was such a rush..lol. My dd is 2 and I plan on getting her her first pair of skates and teaching her how to skate. I tried to start up a women's roller derby league where I live, but a lot of girls were scared..lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 22, 2011 at 7:17 AM
Spinning is neat but for me hard. It takes forever! If you go to my website, there is a hat on there out of alpaca yarn that I spun. I think the picture is close up enough to see the detail. It's so soft. Here's my web address: http://monkeybumdiapers.mjimaging.com. I really like how the hat came out, I made one for me too.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Welcome! How cool is it that you spin fiber?!

I'm also a cloth diapering momma! It's good to see you here!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)