Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you plan your dinners?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you do a weekly/monthly menu?
Do you plan it by whatever your feeling that day?

I used to try and plan out dinners but I tend to just figure it out in the morning when I'm making breakfast, I'm more of a " I feel like it's a sloppy Joe night " type of mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Replies (11-17):
aj23
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM

When I go grocery shopping I have a rough idea of what I want to fix and I freeze all the meats and put them in the freezer at random. Every night before I go to bed I take out whatever is on top and thaw it out to cook the next day. Sometimes I just fix whatever sounds good though.

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I plan day by day. I wake up and decide before going to work what I would like for dinner that night.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I don't plan them out. I make what I am in the mood for or what we have on hand.

mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:37 AM

whatever we feel like that day

torttia
by Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I have a mini stockpile so I usually pick out a meat then go in my "pantry" and ask DS what he wants for dinner. Lastnight he picked up the taco shells and sloppy joe can so I asked on facebook what we should have lol. Tacos won.

If DH is home I usually let him pick because he is always eating at work.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Right now we fly by the seat of our pants but when we lived 1.5 hours from the grocery store we had every meal, down to the last ingredient, planned for a month and we could pick anything from the menu that day. We saved tons, ate great and aways had good food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:00 PM
I buy our regulars and go day by day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)