Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do you handle playdates?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you bring all your children to a playdate?  Or only the one who is friends with the particular child you are trying to set up the date with?

Do you drop your child off and pick them up later?  Or do you stay for the whole playdate?

Also, how old are your children?

My DD (4) was invited to a playdate at her friend from preschool's house.  The mom offered to have her (just her) over for the entire afternoon.  I trust the mom, so it is not a big deal.  I am not against this, it is just new to me.  Up until this point, we have always gone to playdates as a group (me and her brothers) and stayed together the whole time.  This will be her first time going by herself.  I was just wondering at what age you all started letting your kiddos attend playdates without you there (if you do that).

by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM

My son is almost 12, and so I'm way past these years...LOL He's also an only child, and so we don't have to worry about what to do with siblings.

He was 5 when he went to trusted friends houses without me.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I only have one child. I take him to his friends house when they call to play. He is 10.

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Quoting natesmom1228:

I only have one child. I take him to his friends house when they call to play. He is 10.

Oh, I still take my son to friend's houses (unless they pick him up), but I don't stay anymore is what I meant.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I've not experienced a play date yet to where I drop off and leave my son. I have a friend that has kids close to my kids ages. So we get together all as a group, either at the park or at each others houses. Since it's a date for us parents as well, I always stay!

saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM
We haven't had playdates yet!
fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:07 PM

We usually have them at our house or the park and all my kids go. My kids are 8,6, and 3

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM

We don't really do playdates. last one was with kids of all ages at one of our parks.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting natesmom1228:

Oh, I still take my son to friend's houses (unless they pick him up), but I don't stay anymore is what I meant.

I didn't think that, lol. I am usually the take / pick up driver. I am not sure how it always ends up like that, but it does.

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Quoting natesmom1228:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting natesmom1228:

I didn't think that, lol. I am usually the take / pick up driver. I am not sure how it always ends up like that, but it does.

For us, it seems to usually be the parent(s) that is watching the kid doesn't drive, and the parent of the kid being dropped off does the driving. It works out pretty well that way.

My son does have a couple friends that are in walking distance though (3 blocks or less). I just have him call me on his cell when he gets to their house if he walks. We don't let him walk if the sun is down.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting natesmom1228:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting natesmom1228:

For us, it seems to usually be the parent(s) that is watching the kid doesn't drive, and the parent of the kid being dropped off does the driving. It works out pretty well that way.

My son does have a couple friends that are in walking distance though (3 blocks or less). I just have him call me on his cell when he gets to their house if he walks. We don't let him walk if the sun is down.

Same here. Most of them are down the street at the corner. It's a dead end so they play over there away from the traffic, which is nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN