Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do you handle playdates?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you bring all your children to a playdate?  Or only the one who is friends with the particular child you are trying to set up the date with?

Do you drop your child off and pick them up later?  Or do you stay for the whole playdate?

Also, how old are your children?

My DD (4) was invited to a playdate at her friend from preschool's house.  The mom offered to have her (just her) over for the entire afternoon.  I trust the mom, so it is not a big deal.  I am not against this, it is just new to me.  Up until this point, we have always gone to playdates as a group (me and her brothers) and stayed together the whole time.  This will be her first time going by herself.  I was just wondering at what age you all started letting your kiddos attend playdates without you there (if you do that).

by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Replies (11-14):
momof3angela
by Angela on Jul. 26, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Depends....today we had one and all kid's were invited:)))  Sometimes it's just an individual play date:)  So then it would only be one child.   My younger 2 are 8 and 7 (oldest is 18)    We often take turns alternating who's home it's at.  Today...we have the pool so all pool play dates are at my house:)

CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 7:54 PM
It really depends on who it's with!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM

We've yet to have 'playdates' with our 1yr old, and the oldest kids are almost 13yrs and 12yrs.

ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I only have one son. So, of course I bring him :) Some of my friends have two kids, and they bring them too..But some are twins, and some are super close in age. I consider them all my son's friends. I guess 4 is old enough for a play date. I used to have kids over all the time at the age when I was a nanny. But..I'm not so sure about my lil bean!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)