Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

what do you think about the kid ban??

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM
  • 11 Replies
I can't link the article. ..but it rather annoys me. There are restaurants, airlines, grocery stores, & movie theatres banning children. Children are apparently just so annoying that they should be left at home with a sitter, should we actually entertain the idea of going to dinner. While I agree some kids are out of control, it's the we know it all people who have no children, who wrote the article. They call themselves Dink or dual income no kids. This is the situation a friend of mine is in. She always wants those kids to just shut up, or if that was my kid I'd beat them. That's what her dad did. He didn't tolerate that. Maybe that's why they barely talk..on a side note, I get so annoyed with friends who don't have kids. For example. " Alexander was up at 3 am this morning. "(Me) " Whhhyyyyy????!!" Says my friend. Well, how the heck should I know? Or how much longer are you going to breastfeed? The same question at least weekly for the past year. I honestly CANNOT wait til she has kids...Ahhh ..lol.
How about you, what are your feelings??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:08 AM
Oh, and how happy would you be after making your list,packing up your kids, to get to the grocery store, & they say, " oh these are the kid free shopping hours?" I would be less than pleased. Apparently there is a whole foods in Missouri that does this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I think kids need to go out in public so they learn how to behave in public. I try to take dd with me everywhere I go, but there are some days when she's just having meltdowns left and right and I need a break away for an hour or so. If I took dd anywhere where they'd didn't allow kids, I would ask them to give me money for a sitter or else I wasn't leaving. Sitters aren't free, but taking your kids out to run errands with you is (most of the time..lol).

ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:38 AM
I agree. Parents do need to get a grip on their kids. My son is not aloud to scream. We address it as soon as it starts. It would be nice to be able to go without him, but like you said, who can afford a sitter to just go to the grocery store?

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

I think kids need to go out in public so they learn how to behave in public. I try to take dd with me everywhere I go, but there are some days when she's just having meltdowns left and right and I need a break away for an hour or so. If I took dd anywhere where they'd didn't allow kids, I would ask them to give me money for a sitter or else I wasn't leaving. Sitters aren't free, but taking your kids out to run errands with you is (most of the time..lol).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:02 PM

I don't really have a problem with it.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I would not do business with those establishments. I will go out of my way to stop doing business with someplace I don't like. And I think if all parents did that, these places may not survive. People with children are a lot of people. Kind of like a strike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Me either.

Quoting mjimaging:

I would not do business with those establishments. I will go out of my way to stop doing business with someplace I don't like. And I think if all parents did that, these places may not survive. People with children are a lot of people. Kind of like a strike.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I really don't have a problem with it. When my husband and I got out or take our couples vacations we try and find places that are not kid friendly and do not allow children.

Miranda1127
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM

honestly, I don't think they could legally refuse service if you showed up w/ your kids during a kid free hour.

Personally, I think such things are ridiculous. Any business that put such a ban in place would lose my business.

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

Oh, and how happy would you be after making your list,packing up your kids, to get to the grocery store, & they say, " oh these are the kid free shopping hours?" I would be less than pleased. Apparently there is a whole foods in Missouri that does this.

ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 27, 2011 at 2:18 PM
I guess I just couldn't imagine vacationing w/o my son. But then again, I don't like to really leave him at all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by PonyFab on Jul. 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I respect that it is their decision, however I find it unnerving that the world seems to be less kid friendly these days.

Are kids becoming THAT obnoxious, or are people really becoming so intolerant of our youth?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN