Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

What are some jobs you have had?

Posted by   + Show Post

Where are some places that you have worked?  Did you like it/hate?  How was the pay? Do you have any stories to share?

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-16):
ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM
I've worked in a grocery store (15) , drugstore, chickfila, a receptionist at a car dealership, longhorn ( hated it), and a Nanny. Love that! The pay bring a nanny was the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 30, 2011 at 8:31 AM
I have a story working at the pharmacy! People are crazy about their medicine. Especially this one lady. I remember asking her several tines, this is the medication you want, right? She keeps saying yes. Once a rx is bought, there is no returning it. Anyway, she opens it and says it's not what She wants & throws the bottle & pills at me! I had pills in the cuffs of my pants. I told the pharmacist that I wasn't helping that lady anymore & went to the back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Jul. 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM
I forgot I was a waitress too at on the border.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Olive Garden = love/hate relationship/ horrible pay
Cracker Barrel = love/ great pay
Chili's = love/ okay pay esp for young and single
Walmart = love/ better pay than before
Church nursry (yes I got a check lol) = love (I was with the newborns)/ good pay for time
Cleaning the church = indifferent its a job /its  job its per job ot hours so good for the hours I guess

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I have been a waitress which wasn't bad but the hours sucked, I worked as a CNA and that was very hard and sucky pay, and I've worked as a front desk receptionist at a hotel where I'm now the GM

Rogue35
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM
mQuoting lapcounter:

I was a dental asst. for over 10 years, two places I worked were million dollar a year practices and we saw movie stars and sports stars I loved it and of course the pay rocked. I have and still do work as a massage therapist but I have a selected client list I have done this for four years, my hands are not as strong as they used to be, with doing dentistry for so long and the massage and of course with the selected list of clients the pay is nice :) Then there is my WAHM job of designing ads and that is for a local paper and a few businesses on the side, the pay is okay I do it for something to do. Then my hubby and I own the lawn care company and sometimes I mow, pull weeds, law sod I don't really get paid for that it just goes back into the business.

MOVIE STARS WOULD YOU CARE TO TELL WHO? ANY STORIES TO SHARE?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)