Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet our Mom of the Week: Marcell (lilbulfrog)!

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:40 AM
  • 33 Replies

Our Mom of the Week took some time to answer some questions about herself and her family!  Please feel free to respond to this post and ask her any other questions you may have!  :)

Your name: Marcell

Your husband or SO's name (if you have one): Earle

How many children do you have? 1 and 1 on the way

What are their names/ages (if you are comfortable sharing)? Trinity is 3.5 and no name for the new one yet

Where are you originally from? Maine

Where do you live now? Maine

What is your job? Childcare at the Y

What does your DH/SO do? Security

Do you plan to have more children? If so, how many? N/A

What is your favorite family activity? anything we do together

What is your favorite date-night activity with your DH/SO? curling up and watching a movie

What is your favorite part of being a mother? having someone that thinks you are the world to them

What is your least favorite part of parenting? sleepless nights, but I wouldn't trade it for anything

What are some of your hobbies -- what do you do for fun, for YOU? I like to do crafts when I get a chance, which hasn't happened for a while and I miss it.

What is a typical day like in your household? I work in the morning, lunch with the family, hubby leaves for work, Trinity and I rest, then play, dinner, bath, bed, hubby gets home

How would you describe your parenting style? I can't really describe it. I am pretty laid back with some things and very strict with others.

Name one favorite memory from a family vacation. We went to Disney in Florida this past March and seeing Trinity's face light up melted my heart.

Tell us a favorite (or just any!) memory from your childhood. Building forts with my siblings. My dad always had scrap wood so we would each build our own little fort and make a town.

Tell us one thing about each of your children that makes them special. Trinity is my best friend and I am hers (she tells me). We have a very special bond and look a lot alike;)

by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:43 AM

How far along are you with your second baby?

What fun things are there to do in Maine?

MomX3ThatsMe
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM

What were you like in high school?  Did you hang out with a certain crowd? 

How did you and your DH/SO meet?

How many siblings do you have and how close in age are they to you?  Are you close with them (in terms of your relationship)?

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Do you have any pets?

What's your favorite food?

Are you craving anything crazy w/ baby #2?

MomX3ThatsMe
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Oh, and do you have any pregnancy belly pics you are comfortable sharing?  (If not, that is OK, too! :)

ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM

How long have you and your hubs been together? Where did you meet?

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:35 AM

How are you today?

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:37 AM

What is YOUR favorite food?

What is your favorite food to cook?

If you could go on any vacation, where would go? What would you do?

Are you married? If you are, was your wedding your dream wedding? If you aren't, what is your dream wedding?

lilblufrog
by Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Quoting jen113000:

How far along are you with your second baby? 29 weeks today!

What fun things are there to do in Maine? We love going to the coast. It is about a hour drive for us but it's not bad compared to big city travel. My daughter loves the ocean and sand. My dad's grave is also near there so we always stop in when we make the trip.

mami2emily
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM

do you like lobster? i hear its a requirement to be a maine resident lol

lilblufrog
by Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Quoting MomX3ThatsMe:

What were you like in high school?  Did you hang out with a certain crowd? I actually spent most of lunch visiting friends because I had friends in every crowd.

How did you and your DH/SO meet? Short version, I didn't know him but had a crush on his friend who had a crush on someone else. So his friend set me up with him and we all met at a skating rink. LOL

How many siblings do you have and how close in age are they to you?  Are you close with them (in terms of your relationship)? I only have half and step siblings but never call them that;) Kristina, Katrina, and Jessica are all 6 years older. Kendra is 6 years younger. Danny is 7 years older and Dack is 4 years older. I am the closest with Jessica mostly because she is my only half sister and lives the closest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)