Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Sorry if this offends anyone, but...

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:31 AM
  • 11 Replies

(That title got your attention, huh?  ;)  Drama!!  LOL!)

Sorry if this offends anyone, but... Sex and the City 2 (the movie) gets two very big thumbs DOWN from me.

Yes, I realize it is a sequel, and thus I went into it not expecting a high quality film.  I just wanted something fun and light and girly to watch since DH had to work late last night.  But, this movie was terrible.  The plot was all over the place.  The acting felt forced.  It is time for the Sex & the City era to finally end.  The actresses are getting noticeably older (although according to the plot, not much time has passed), and it is time to let go.

Anyone else see this?  (If not, I don't recommend it!  LOL!)

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strega
by Tami on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Never watched the Show or the Movies. The whole concept always seemed a little silly to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomX3ThatsMe
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Really?  I absolutely loved the show when it was live on air... the first movie was just OK, and this one was awful.  It was great when it was current, but now it seems like they are trying to keep bringing it back to life... and it really needs to just end. 

mami2emily
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

yea even my dh said it sucked. did you hear they are now in talks for a prequel?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I never got into the show and haven't seen either of the movies.

MomX3ThatsMe
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Yeah, my DH told me about it... how are they going to pull that off with the ladies looking older and older?  Now they have to turn back time?  I don't see that working out well!  LOL!

Quoting mami2emily:

yea even my dh said it sucked. did you hear they are now in talks for a prequel?

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

I never got into the show and haven't seen either of the movies.

Samanthamommy
by Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I didn't think it was terrible, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first one. I watched the whole thing just because of the fabulous fashion.

Laura1427
by PonyFab on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I have never been a huge Sex and the City fan, so I haven't seen the movies.

I am sorry it wasn't very good, and I totally agree with you about the sequels thing lol. It is very rare that I find a GOOD sequel!

ashleybgarcia
by Ashley on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:02 PM
I didn't even know there was a 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I was never a huge fan. But my mom was so I would occasionally watch the shows to know what she was talking about. I watched the movies with her too. I think they were OK, I might watch it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)