Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

It needs more..help! *pic*

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is a cake I did last night for an order I have tomorrow! I like how it turned out so far, but I feel like it's missing something. She didn't want any extras, just diapers and decorations, but it seems a little empty to me. I plan on getting light pink & purple crinkle paper to put in between the layers & and I have an edible baby girl foot gem lollipop as a topper, but I dunno. What do you ladies think it needs OR do you think the topper and paper will finish it off?

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I like it! Sometimes I think they are too over-the-top. But this is simple and pretty. I think the paper and topper with finish it. Please post a pic of the finished product! =)

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Quoting RobynS:

I like it! Sometimes I think they are too over-the-top. But this is simple and pretty. I think the paper and topper with finish it. Please post a pic of the finished product! =)

MomX3ThatsMe
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I have no idea!  I am not really that familiar with diaper cakes... I have only seen a couple!  I think it looks pretty and I think with the couple additions you have planned to add already, it will look great!

mami2emily
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM

This is so pretty! i love diaper cakes even though we use cloth lol. I bought one for my cousins wife and the lady that make it wrapped each layer with a receiving blanket. I like when they have a stuffed animal at the top. For my baby shower i received a tricycle cake and a regular cake that travel sized toiletries, spoons and plastic diaper pins attached to it.

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Thanks :) My best friend uses cloth and I'm going to practice on some of hers so i can start making cloth cakes too :) I want to do a receiving blanket cake so bad, but they're not in high demand (probably bc it's still warm out). Next month I'm going to be making "cupcakes", "milkshakes", and a few other little goodies here and there..lol.

Quoting mami2emily:

This is so pretty! i love diaper cakes even though we use cloth lol. I bought one for my cousins wife and the lady that make it wrapped each layer with a receiving blanket. I like when they have a stuffed animal at the top. For my baby shower i received a tricycle cake and a regular cake that travel sized toiletries, spoons and plastic diaper pins attached to it.

lapcounter
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Sometimes less is best, I like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)