Part of every dinner table is environment.
If you want a relaxed environment for dinner I suggest having no kids.
BUT! If, like me, you do have a family and you STILL want a fun table, you'd be surprised what you can do with a little attention to the eating setup itself.
You may have fun centerpieces or snazzy napkins.
Something fun on the table can spark memories and conversation.
I encourage you to have music to make your eating experience stand out.
Use playlists and musicians to set the stage (of course, pick and choose what's appropriate).
A PLAYLIST TO WHET YOUR APPETITE
- Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Lepard
- Syrup & Honey by Duffy
- Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran
- Milkshake by Kelis
- These Apples by Barenaked Ladies
- Scenes From an Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel
- Buffalo (wing) Soldier by Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Pineapple Head by Crowded House
- Kit Kat Jam by Dave Matthews Band
- Cheeseburger In Paradise by Jimmy Buffett
- Lady Marmalade by Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink
- Artificial Sweetener by No Doubt
- Another One Bites The Dust by Queen
- Orange Crush by R.E.M.
- Strawberry Fields by Beatles
- BLACK EYED PEAS
- FIONA APPLE
- NEENA CHERRY
- JIMMY EAT WORLD
photo credit: link