Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Taco Night!

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there anyone out there who doesn't love taco night? WE LOVE TACO NIGHT. In fact, I sink into a little bit of culinary depression if we don't do tacos once a week. My 5-year-old son feels like such a big boy when he gets to assemble his own meals, and the bite-sized morsels of veggies, beans and meat are perfect for my 1-year-old. Here's how we make taco night special at the Whoorl household.

One of the best things about taco night is the ease of preparation. Almost everything (tortillas, taco shells, seasoning) can be bought prepared, but I like to make my own taco seasoning for the ground beef and beans. Here's the quick recipe.

TACO SEASONING

1 tablespoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix together and use the desired amount mixed with your protein. (You can store the rest in an airtight container.)

Now, if you aren't in the mood to make your own or in a major hurry, we like the Old El Paso seasoning packet, as well as their taco shells. Heat up your protein, chop up all your sides, and you're good to go!

What are you favorite sides for taco night? I do a quick mexican rice using enchilada sauce that seems to keep the family happy, but I'm always looking for ways to change it up.

whoorl About :
Replies (51-54):
  • Wish2Be
  • by Member on Oct. 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  •  I LOVE Taco night ! Hubby has been spoiled with real tacos at a local place we go too, but I grew up with the traditonal westerner style taco nights ! *Drools*

• Quote Reply
  • fryshannon34
  • by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM
  • We sometimes have taco night twice a week! Tacos are one of the very few things that all 3 of my kids will eat! I usually add refried beans to our meat and we have some spanish rice on the side

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN