Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

Posted by   + Show Post

For another variation of Friday Night Nachos, we have Friday Night Tacos. With chicken instead of beef! This is very exciting, especially when you are me and finally clued in that the slow cooker could be used for more than roasts or soups. While barbecuing or roasting chicken is always good, chicken cooked that way is not my favorite when it comes to a Mexican-inspired dinner. I like chicken that falls apart and is juicy and tender when it comes time to make tacos. This is where the slow cooker comes to the rescue.

1. Place two or three chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add a packet of Old El Paso taco seasoning and a cup of water. Cook on the "Low" setting for approximately four hours.

2. About 1/2 hour before it's time to eat, use two forks to shred the chicken and let it keep simmering on the Low setting.

3. Bust out the taco shells and fill them with the chicken and the toppings of your choice. Avocado, tomatoes, and cheese are non-negotiable in our house. Peppers and olives often make the rotation as well.

Do you have any taco tips, or favorite fillings? I'm always looking to try new recipes.

Dutch Blitz About :
Replies (31-40):
  • Wish2Be
  • by Member on Oct. 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM
  •  we do a double decker taco on taco nights. We take a soft taco shell and put refried beans in it an then put the hard taco shell inside that and fill it with goodies :)

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN