Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Black Bean, Spinach, And Mushroom Burritos

Posted by   + Show Post

This is the last post in this series, so I'd like to say thanks for all of your awesome comments and suggestions over the past two months! I hope you tried some of these dishes, and enjoyed them with your family.

My last dish is my husband's very favorite meal, and is perfect for any non-meat eaters. There's a fair amount of prep work involved (chopping and sauteeing), but it is so very worth it!

Black Bean, Spinach, And Mushroom Burritos

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 yellow onion, chopped fine

8 ounces whole button mushrooms, chopped fine

5 ounces fresh spinach, coarse stems discarded

1 teaspoon garlic, minced

1/4 cup water

1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained

2 tablespoons lemon juice

4 green onions , chopped fine

1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated  

coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1 can Old El Paso medium red enchilada sauce (we also use the mild green chile sauce on occasion)

4 large flour tortillas

1/4 cup sour cream

guacamole, optional

[1] Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until golden. Add spinach and garlic and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted, about 30 seconds. Stir in water, beans, lemon juice, green onions, cheese, and salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted.

[2] Heat the enchilada sauce in a small saucepan.

[3] Heat a dry skillet (large enough to hold 1 tortilla) over medium-high heat until hot. In skillet, heat tortillas, one at a time, turning frequently, 30 seconds, or until softened, and transfer to a work surface. Divide filling between tortillas and roll up burritos.

[4] Spoon sauce over burritos and serve with sour cream.

Enjoy! Thanks again for your comments over the past two months, and please feel free to leave me YOUR favorite family recipe. I'm always looking for more!

whoorl About :
Replies (51-51):
  • gacgbaker
  • by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:23 AM
  • I'm not a mushroom fan, but my husband would totally go for this!  I might have to make it and surprise him with it.  

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN