Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Should single moms wait to date?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know if any of you listened to Dr. Laura when she was on the radio(i think that woman is some kind of bi-polar but I loved her show!) but a lot of women would call in with young children and *gasp!* dating problems.

Dr. Laura always had a very strict policy when it comes to having young children (and that's any child under the age of 18) and dating: don't.

It was her opinion (in much more blatant terms) that if you're irresponsible enough to have children with a man that you felt you couldn't be together with then you weren't responsible enough to try dating another man. She felt it was best for the child's mental health that they concentrate on the children and not at all on their romantic fancies.

What do you think? Should single moms wait to date?

in love

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Replies (461-469):
Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I have never been a single mom, so I am not really sure how I feel about it.

Kainalu55
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I think they should be able to date

Wish2Be
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I think its fine for them to date, but they should wait at least a year to introduce the guy to the kiddos.

Lindalou907
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Dr. Laura used to make me SO ANGRY, that being said, I think women with older kids should not live with or re-marry until the kids are off to college, little ones may be able to adjust just fine.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

that is up to the single Mom and her wishes  

slw123
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM

No, but I think they need to be extra careful and responsible while doing it.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I would heck ya single moms should date!

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I agree

Quoting mami2emily:

I don't think they should wait; however, I do think they should take it slow and wait till they know it's te real thing before introducing the person to their children. I know countless single moms who start dating someone and immediately introduce them to their kids. I really think its wrong because then you have people in and out of your kids life.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM

i say do it when its right for you and your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)