Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Adkins?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 36 Replies
Anyone do this? I started today and would like to hear success stories :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM

My mom did that and lost 30lbs in about 6-8 months.

saraface5383
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Nice! I was on the website and its saying you can lise 15 lbs in 2 weeks. Ill give it a shot.

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Lemme know how it works out for ya! I'm on new meds and my body still really isn't use to them, so I haven't been exercising or anything at all.

Quoting saraface5383:

Nice! I was on the website and its saying you can lise 15 lbs in 2 weeks. Ill give it a shot.

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

saraface5383
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Oh i will! I have 2 weeks until vegas soo it would be nice! .... I hope you feel better shaye, does it make you not have an apetite?

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Lemme know how it works out for ya! I'm on new meds and my body still really isn't use to them, so I haven't been exercising or anything at all.

Quoting saraface5383:

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

ME!!!! I started it yesterday!! For like the 100th time :( I lost over 30 pounds my Sr. year in high school on the Atkins diet and seriously need to lose weight again. Everytime I start it I lose some weight but then end up getting off track and falling back into my old habbits but I'm gonna try REAL hard not to this time!

saraface5383
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Yay! Yay! So do you go on their website and stuff do you know the phases and stuff? Cause i need help!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

ME!!!! I started it yesterday!! For like the 100th time :( I lost over 30 pounds my Sr. year in high school on the Atkins diet and seriously need to lose weight again. Everytime I start it I lose some weight but then end up getting off track and falling back into my old habbits but I'm gonna try REAL hard not to this time!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Aw thanks. It makes me really sleepy, and really mellow (almost like I'm buzzed). Sometimes I stumble and forget little things here and there, but it's not too bad. I'm on lithium and clonazepam. I've only been on it for a few days, so my body is still getting use to it. I don't really have much of an appetite anymore, but I have to take my meds with food or else they can make the side effects worse and make me sick. It's gonna take about a month before my body gets use to everything.

Quoting saraface5383:

Oh i will! I have 2 weeks until vegas soo it would be nice! .... I hope you feel better shaye, does it make you not have an apetite?

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Quoting saraface5383:

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I know A LOT about it. I use their website and also their facebook. I got one of the best chicken recipes off of their facebook. One thing that is important to me is I always keep sugar free jello and whipped topping in the fridge in case I want a dessert or snack.

(I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks the first time I was on this diet)

Quoting saraface5383:

Yay! Yay! So do you go on their website and stuff do you know the phases and stuff? Cause i need help!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

saraface5383
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Ok great! So for breakfast it says to, eat eggs, but how many eggs? Is it egg whites?
What is the amount of protein for each meal?
I want to lose as much as i can in 2 weeks!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I know A LOT about it. I use their website and also their facebook. I got one of the best chicken recipes off of their facebook. One thing that is important to me is I always keep sugar free jello and whipped topping in the fridge in case I want a dessert or snack.

Quoting saraface5383:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

You can eat as much meats and (most) vegetables as you want. As long as you stay under 20g of carbs a day and you can check your ketone levels to see how well it working. One the Atkins site there is a yummy recipe for a "Muffin in a Minute" or "MIM". That is one of my favorite breakfast things! Other than that I have eggs (including yolk) , bacon, or sausage. I like to get already cooked things so its easier, or just cook the whole batch at once and store it so breakfast is a little easier.

Quoting saraface5383:

Ok great! So for breakfast it says to, eat eggs, but how many eggs? Is it egg whites?
What is the amount of protein for each meal?
I want to lose as much as i can in 2 weeks!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Quoting saraface5383:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN