Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

What’s a fun moment you shared with your kids recently?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 131 Replies
2 moms liked this

We gave moms the Sony Handycam and asked them to capture a fun family moment with their families. See them in action here:

Read through this post to see what our moms have to say about the different features in the Sony Handycam. Then, tell us about a fun memorable moment you shared with your kids recently. 

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charizma77
by Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
First of all I want to thank CafeMom and Sony for this awesome opportunity. I was so excited to be chosen for this influencer. I have always wanted a nice video camera but didn't know what kind I was looking for. Had I only had this camera for a day I would have saved up to purchase this one. Best video camera I ever used! My husband loves it and now my dad wants this one too.

For this influencer we took the kids to fly kites and have fun playing outside together as a family. It was a gorgeous spring day and we had a blast flying kites. My husband and I took turns filming. We both remarked at how easy it was to use. The zoom feature was great and the internal memory is a lot longer than I ever expected. It's the perfect size camera, very clear picture and easy to film. I also loved taking pictures on it as well. We all love the film projector that it has. We even showed my parents our videos on the projector and they loved it. My husband loved hitting the automatic edit button that took our footage and made an awesome little video with music included. Yesterday, Easter Sunday, my husband video taped the kids outside running around in the grass in their Easter outfits. We edited it and it is awesome. I can't wait to show our friends and families our video footage. I know we are going to get a lot of use of it. Our kids are 7, 5 and 3 mo.s Our older kids are little hams and we will be able to capture plenty of baby moments using this camera.

If you are looking for a quality video camera this is the one for you. I would highly recommend the Sony Handycam to my family and friends.
babygomez
by April on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone! Having this Handycam by Sony, ready to record my kids at any time, has been amazing! The camcorder turns on as soon as you pull the screen out, and with a push of your thumb, you can start recording, it is very lightweight and can fit right in my purse or in my diaper bag for outings, and is easy to hold with it's hand strap- whether you are steady or not, video is captured just beautifully! I do plan on purchasing a case soon, i need to go out and look for one. The first time we used it, we captured our 4 month old son's first time in a kiddie pool, and first with his big sister. I was surprised at how CRISP & CLEAR the video on the screen was during recording, and on playback. The picture even looks great while recording inside. It's also a touch screen! I love that! Of any other camcorder i have ever used, this by far shoots the best footage, zero grain, zero lag, just perfect! While recording our kids outside, we tried the zoom feature, and was smooth going in towards the object/person, and still crisp & clear. The camera i already had doesn't have enough built-in memory for shooting long periods of time- the Sony hanycam has up to 3 hours, perfect for shooting ongoing fun. AND, it snaps and saves photos while recording! I never even knew there was a camcorder with this type of feature, it's neat! Once we were inside and everyone was dressed for bed, we all sat on the sofa in our living room, turned the lights down, and easily were able to play the video back projected on the wall!! Like a mini theater :) The image on the wall/ceiling, etc. can be adjusted depending on how far away you are from it, and it is as if you are viewing it on a tv screen with how clear it is. Our 3 year old daughter LOVED to see us there, she kept walking towards the wall trying to 'touch' us, lol. We all enjoyed it and had some good laughs! I am so excited to use this on many more occasions and whatnot. It got a lot of use yesterday on Easter Day :) My favorite features so far are the HD quality, zoom, touch screen,and projector of course. I still have a lot to learn, it's fun to work with!

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to CafeMom, and to Sony for this amazing opportunity!!

MommaNuney
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Hello!!

I am in love with my Sony Handycam!!

We took it on a roadtrip to visit friends of ours and their new baby.  The picture and smoothness of the recording was amazing.  Also the sound comes through perfectly clear...LOVE how you can focus on picking up sound from one person!!

There are so many different features that make it really fun to play with and recording EVERYTHING!!

It was easy to use, very lightweight and very compact! My 8 year old daughter was loving using it randomly during the day. (very easy for her to use) We even recorded other things before our trip and used the projector feature to show it on the wall for my 2 year old daughter to see...the playback was wonderful and clear!!!  The 2 year old was amazed that she could see herself :-)

I just need to get a case for it and I will be set! I will for sure be going on the boat with us this summer and all our other road trips we like to take!!+

Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity!! I would definitely recommend this to others!

Jessica020410
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hi! I was so glad to be chosen for this influencer! I checked my messages mobile, and when I seen it, I rushed home to fill it out! lol!

For this influencer, my husband and I took our three kids (ages: 9 yrs, 7 yrs, and 2 yrs) to a kids' museum that has a lot of play rooms (ex: grocery store, space shuttle, bank, shadow room, doctor's office, post office, and lots of other fun things). Our older two kids hadn't been in a long time, and our youngest (and my husband) hadn't been at all. I was so excited to be able to video them having so much fun!

I have not used other camcorders, so I don't have anything to compare this one to, but I do love it so much! The zoom is awesome! The camera was very easy to keep steady, which I was really glad about! Watching the videos, they were very clear, including voices! I also took a lot of pics with the camera! I love how while doing video, it takes pics from the videos! I love the memory...3 hours is great for me! I didn't have to worry about running out of time! My favorite feature is the projector! When we got in bed that night, our 2 yr old daughter was in our bed, and we watched the videos on the ceiling. She loved seeing herself! It (the projector) really came in handy when she had to have a check-up with her cardiologist Friday! They did an EKG and an echo, and for the first time, we didn't have to fight her to be still! We took the camera out of my purse, my husband started the videos from our museum trip on the ceiling above her, and she did perfectly! She just layed there and watched! The nurses and doctor went on and on about how "fantastic" it was! They said it was a great idea, and I even heard them telling other patients! The nurse told the doctor that they need one, and should bring it up in a meeting! She has had a lot of echos done, and we have tried everything before! I was so glad to have it with me that day!  I plan to buy a case for it this week! My daughter's birthday party is Friday, and I plan to record everything! I know I'll be recording a lot this summer too!

Thank you Cafemom and Sony!!!

soontobemommie3
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hello! I am Maxine. My family and I were chosen to participate in the Sony handycam Influencer here at Cafemom.

My favorite part of the Handycam is the projector on it. The kids were so giddy over watching themsleves on everything from the ceiling to bouncy balls to the wall. I really like the zoom feature as well we got some pretty far away shots on some of our videos. The Sony Handycam is very easy to hold securley and keep steady. Videos were so clear watchin on the camera screen and on the computer and TV. Such clarity! I love that the camera snaps photos as well. It even periodically snapped some candid shots during filming! That surprised me. It has a lot of internal space as well as an option for a memory card. I was shocked comparing it to my mother in laws camera at just how much more scenery it had compared to her model. I did purchase the memory card for my camera. I am going to love having this! Cafemom will get to see tons of summer fun throughout our summer!!

Thank you Sony and CAFEMOM for allowing us to participate in this amazing influencer!

amy7243
by Amy on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I cant wait to see everyones videos!!! We have not went anywhere fun lately but we have had fun out in our woods just being together.

alliesmom112
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on getting chosen!! Sounds like a super fun day. sounds like the camera is pretty awesome too

Quoting Charizma77:

First of all I want to thank CafeMom and Sony for this awesome opportunity. I was so excited to be chosen for this influencer. I have always wanted a nice video camera but didn't know what kind I was looking for. Had I only had this camera for a day I would have saved up to purchase this one. Best video camera I ever used! My husband loves it and now my dad wants this one too.

For this influencer we took the kids to fly kites and have fun playing outside together as a family. It was a gorgeous spring day and we had a blast flying kites. My husband and I took turns filming. We both remarked at how easy it was to use. The zoom feature was great and the internal memory is a lot longer than I ever expected. It's the perfect size camera, very clear picture and easy to film. I also loved taking pictures on it as well. We all love the film projector that it has. We even showed my parents our videos on the projector and they loved it. My husband loved hitting the automatic edit button that took our footage and made an awesome little video with music included. Yesterday, Easter Sunday, my husband video taped the kids outside running around in the grass in their Easter outfits. We edited it and it is awesome. I can't wait to show our friends and families our video footage. I know we are going to get a lot of use of it. Our kids are 7, 5 and 3 mo.s Our older kids are little hams and we will be able to capture plenty of baby moments using this camera.

If you are looking for a quality video camera this is the one for you. I would highly recommend the Sony Handycam to my family and friends.

Charizma77
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Quoting alliesmom112:

Thanks, it was a lot of fun and I really love the camera even though it's pretty much dh's new favorite toy.
alliesmom112
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Aww sounds like a great memory to have captured. Congrats on getting chosen for such an amazing influencer!! So glad to hear the camera is so easy to use and carry around.

Quoting babygomez:

Hello everyone! Having this Handycam by Sony, ready to record my kids at any time, has been amazing! The camcorder turns on as soon as you pull the screen out, and with a push of your thumb, you can start recording, it is very lightweight and can fit right in my purse or in my diaper bag for outings, and is easy to hold with it's hand strap- whether you are steady or not, video is captured just beautifully! I do plan on purchasing a case soon, i need to go out and look for one. The first time we used it, we captured our 4 month old son's first time in a kiddie pool, and first with his big sister. I was surprised at how CRISP & CLEAR the video on the screen was during recording, and on playback. The picture even looks great while recording inside. It's also a touch screen! I love that! Of any other camcorder i have ever used, this by far shoots the best footage, zero grain, zero lag, just perfect! While recording our kids outside, we tried the zoom feature, and was smooth going in towards the object/person, and still crisp & clear. The camera i already had doesn't have enough built-in memory for shooting long periods of time- the Sony hanycam has up to 3 hours, perfect for shooting ongoing fun. AND, it snaps and saves photos while recording! I never even knew there was a camcorder with this type of feature, it's neat! Once we were inside and everyone was dressed for bed, we all sat on the sofa in our living room, turned the lights down, and easily were able to play the video back projected on the wall!! Like a mini theater :) The image on the wall/ceiling, etc. can be adjusted depending on how far away you are from it, and it is as if you are viewing it on a tv screen with how clear it is. Our 3 year old daughter LOVED to see us there, she kept walking towards the wall trying to 'touch' us, lol. We all enjoyed it and had some good laughs! I am so excited to use this on many more occasions and whatnot. It got a lot of use yesterday on Easter Day :) My favorite features so far are the HD quality, zoom, touch screen,and projector of course. I still have a lot to learn, it's fun to work with!

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to CafeMom, and to Sony for this amazing opportunity!!

alliesmom112
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

i bet my 3 year old would love the projector too. She is always asking to watch herself on youtube. =-)

Quoting MommaNuney:

Hello!!

I am in love with my Sony Handycam!!

We took it on a roadtrip to visit friends of ours and their new baby.  The picture and smoothness of the recording was amazing.  Also the sound comes through perfectly clear...LOVE how you can focus on picking up sound from one person!!

There are so many different features that make it really fun to play with and recording EVERYTHING!!

It was easy to use, very lightweight and very compact! My 8 year old daughter was loving using it randomly during the day. (very easy for her to use) We even recorded other things before our trip and used the projector feature to show it on the wall for my 2 year old daughter to see...the playback was wonderful and clear!!!  The 2 year old was amazed that she could see herself :-)

I just need to get a case for it and I will be set! I will for sure be going on the boat with us this summer and all our other road trips we like to take!!+

Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity!! I would definitely recommend this to others!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)