Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

UPDATE: Now that I've had a chance to use this I thought I would do a update :) Gotta tell ya, I LOVE this! Had absolutely no leaks, no mess, it was simple and comfortable! I used absolutely no disposable products this go round and my period was lighter and shorter! And I had no cramps except in the very beginning. I would highly recommend this! :)

Do any of you ladies use a diva cup? I have cloth pads I use at nights but use tampons during the day. I have heard of diva cups before but they seemed kind of expensive. But I found a site that is having a awesome sale for 54% off on them so I ordered one! But I really don't know what to expect! Any users? Any tips?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I'm interested to see the responses to this. I've been wanting to try a different form of feminine protection. I use tampons, so this is all brand new to me too. i've heard great things about the Diva cup, but it looks really intimidating.

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I used something similar to this about 15 yrs ago.  It looked a bit different though.  It wasnt for me.  

starreyedcutie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM
That's what I'm wondering

Quoting flowerfunleah:

how do you use something like that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

From the website: 

Instructions

Step 1: "U" fold - moisten the rim of The DivaCup with water if needed. Press the sides of the cup together and then fold it in half again. You can also do the "Push Down" fold by placing a finger on the top rim of the cup and pressing it down into the center of the inside base to form a triangle.

Step 2: Hold - hold the folded sides firmly between your thumb and forefinger. The single curved edge should be facing away from your palm.

Step 3: Insert - with the vaginal muscles relaxed, gently separate the labia with your free hand and then push the curved edge of the folded DivaCup into the vaginal opening.

Step 4: Removal - wash your hands well with warm water and soap. Rinse. Pull gently on the stem until you can reach the base of the cup. Pinch the base of the cup to release the seal and continue to pull down to remove. The contents should not spill during removal. Simply empty the contents in the toilet, wash it well with warm, soapy water, and reinsert.

Quoting starreyedcutie:

That's what I'm wondering

Quoting flowerfunleah:

how do you use something like that?

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I got one when I was pregnant in 06 to have when flo began after the PP period.  I had the baby in August abd flo came 3 months l8r.  I used it until I got pregnant with my 2010 baby and started again when flo returned. 

I had to trim the stem for comfort and had a two cycle learning curve.  I personally use a liner just in case because I have a tipped uterus and sometimes it is hard for me to get it just right.

Even with that I love it and wouldn't use anything else=)

Mom2ArLn
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That looks too uncomfortable for me, I can't even wear tampons
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Once you get past the learning curve they aren't, even with my tipped uterus.

Quoting jess80:

That looks uncomfortable as hell!! But good luck!!

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Check this out they are giving away a Diva Cup today!!!!!!  http://babysteals.stealnetwork.com/wp/?p=6800

Rushn311
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

What the eff is that? That link doesn't show me anything but kids shoes.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Just 1 for me

Quoting matofour:

I only have one.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Do you only have one or do you have a back up? With shipping I bout one for around $23 and don't know if I should get a back up lol.

Quoting matofour:

Love love mine!!!
It's all I use.
Warning...there is a learning curve. It took me three cycles to get it 100%.
Now I won't use anything but my diva cup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN