Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

When you were growing up...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

What kinds of things did you during the summer?

Do you ever have your kids do the same?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Sometimes I wonder if I blocked out a lot of my childhood, lol. I was so lost in Leah Land for the longest time!

I remember I rode my bike a lot. I liked the freedom and I rode as far as I dared to go. We played in the little woods by my mom or dads. I remember swimming, I must have liked it because I like to do it now too!

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Sometimes I wonder if I blocked out a lot of my childhood, lol. I was so lost in Leah Land for the longest time!

I remember I rode my bike a lot. I liked the freedom and I rode as far as I dared to go. We played in the little woods by my mom or dads. I remember swimming, I must have liked it because I like to do it now too!

I did a LOT of biking too! I was allowed to go out and explore, lol. I was ten years old and as long as I told my mom what I was doing, if I was going to somewhere, and that I was home before the street lamps came on... hehe

I also did a lot of roller blading!

rockinmomto2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I was at summer school (my mom worked and put me in music and art related classes) or at work with my mom.

lapcounter
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

We went to the swimming pool everyday.

My kids have it way better, they have church camp, and another cool camp that they go to, then I take them to the pool and we have the boat.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM

we played outside mostly. we rode dirt bikes up in the woods and built teepees and played kick ball with the neighbors. we did have horses that we rode. and we rode bikes.i have my kids play outside on the swing set, and take walks and swim in their pool and run around the house and just generally play in the yard. i never allow any video games to come before that.

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on May. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

My grandmother lived less than a mile from me so every morning we would get up at 10, bike to her house where my cousins would beet us so there were 5 or 6 of us there. Grandma had a pool, pond, woods, nintendo.....all the makings of the best place to hang for the summer...so we would clean out the pool and play the whole day and then bike home at about 4 so as to beat any traffic.... other than that we lived in a wooded area so we would go out and explore or play in the barn!

saraface5383
by Sara on May. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM
we rode bikes, we were always at the beach(i had an amazing tan), we would walk around the same shops everyday, we used to sit at the docks and throw bait in the water lol for what? I dont know.

i guess ill have to wait and see what the boys do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristi483
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Well I spent a lot of time outside, we went to the beach, playing with my siblings going to the park and we always had All star or travel softball in the summer for me or my sisters. My kids do the same things and DD will be doing All Stars for her Tball team. We alos try to go camping a few times each summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeryfrog
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I went to a day camp, they did an outdoor excursion everyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

rode bikes and skateboards, basketball and the beach

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)