Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Adult time.

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
When do you get to have adult time?

My husband works second shift. My kids go to bed at 9pm, and I'm sleeping about 10-10:30p.m. When they are sleeping, basically.
Well, my body is well trained. I'm tired and ready to sleep by ten at night. On the one day off he has, I'm so tired. It makes it hard to get in the mood. I'm just tired!

When do you get to have alone time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Whenever dh is home. He is usually gone Mon-Fri sometimes Sat. Last time he was gone for 3 weeks. When we get home we try and squeeze in some time at least once a day, it just depends.

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Usually after DS goes to bed (8:00) and after we've showered. I had a terrible time after having DS. I was not in the mood, too tired or what have you for a good year. Put DH in a bad mood. But that got better so now it's just after the kids go to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I can't just put my kids to bed and go. My son would be up all night long... he will not fall asleep alone, or in his room at all. He's 5 years old and sleeps with me... ugh. I hate it, but oh well. nothing I can do short of making him go hysterical in his own room over a nightmare he had over a year ago. Hasn't slept in his room since. 

My daughter has jsut co slept for so long, that she's used to falling asleep with me beside her. She's a work in progress.

both g to bed at nine though. It takes them 15-45 minutes to actually go to sleep, and then I go to sleep about 15-30 minutes after they've been sleeping. 

Pregnancy means more sleep, lol. 

Quoting mjimaging:

Usually after DS goes to bed (8:00) and after we've showered. I had a terrible time after having DS. I was not in the mood, too tired or what have you for a good year. Put DH in a bad mood. But that got better so now it's just after the kids go to bed.

nngmommy83
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Usually after the kids are asleep or in the morning if we wake up early. We make time for it : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM
We stay with DS until he's asleep. He's in his bed in our room. It buys us until anywhere between 10 and midnight. Then he joins us in bed. He gets his own room in a month though! We will see how it works out.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I can't just put my kids to bed and go. My son would be up all night long... he will not fall asleep alone, or in his room at all. He's 5 years old and sleeps with me... ugh. I hate it, but oh well. nothing I can do short of making him go hysterical in his own room over a nightmare he had over a year ago. Hasn't slept in his room since. 

My daughter has jsut co slept for so long, that she's used to falling asleep with me beside her. She's a work in progress.

both g to bed at nine though. It takes them 15-45 minutes to actually go to sleep, and then I go to sleep about 15-30 minutes after they've been sleeping. 

Pregnancy means more sleep, lol. 

Quoting mjimaging:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on May. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM

oh we're allowed adult time?? hahahaha I get it usually well after midnight and then we had to move Anj back into our room so I have to be quiet too >_<

Kristi483
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM
In the past we weren't good about finding that time then we spent 2 and a half years living in different states now whenever we can. Most of the time that's after the kids go to bed (they are all asleep by 8:30) but sometimes if the older ones are occupied and the baby is napping we just go in our room and lock the door. Or we both get in the shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It happens when it happens. Its just about making time for each other.

saraface5383
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM
mostly weekends, dh works second shift also and alot of overtime we just got slammed with alot of orders. Thats pretty much it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting flowerfunleah:

It happens when it happens. Its just about making time for each other.

It's nearly impossible to make time, where children aren't involved, for each other though. It's not like he can come home early from work. It's not like I can stay up until 1am waiting for him. When I'm up at 7am with the kids, I need my sleep. Moreso that I am pregnant. 

I stayed up last night, and he decided to start dishes while I was getting the kids to sleep. And, he didn't stop when I came out. I fell asleep on the couch waiting for him. Woke up at 12:30a, and we talked for a while and he decided to play a video game. So... I just went to bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN