Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Oh my goodness please help me!!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 21 Replies
We have a chest freezer that sits downstairs. It Didn't have a lot of food in it (we haven't restocked it in a while, thank God). Anyway, apparently one of our children decided that it needed to be defrosted, and they turned the temp control down to 1! Ugh! I have no idea When they even did it. I noticed a smell yesterday but couldn't Figure out what it was. Thenthis morning it hit me to check the freezer. Omg my entire house smells so horrible right now! The little bit of meat that was in there is rotting and when I opened it, the smell was unbelievably horrible. Now my ENTIRE house smells like rotting meat, een after removing the entire freezer, and opening windows.

Heeeeellllllp!!!! How do I get this smell out?!?!?! DH is Beijing home some baking soda and I have bleach but the air... Wha do I do about the air!?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM
ahhh I get it now bringing, lol I was like beijing?

a diamond candle. haha i have no idea, you can always take some vanilla extract and a cinnamon stick and put them in a pan with a little water and let it simmer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxmomof2600
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Fans and open windows.  Put newspaper and charcoal (like for the grill) in the freeze to obsorb the odor in freezer.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Febreeze! Spray all your fabric items with it! Curtains, couch, toys, blankets, that should help. And burn a scentsy!

weberbaby
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I agree. Charcoal is great for absorbing smells.

Quoting Jaxmomof2600:

Fans and open windows.  Put newspaper and charcoal (like for the grill) in the freeze to obsorb the odor in freezer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weberbaby
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Oh and do you have a house fan? One of those big one that's in the attic? If so turn it on and that will suck the smell out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by PonyFab on May. 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Thanks ladies. The smell is gone from the house. The actual freezer is another story. I see days and days of stench removal in my future lol. What a freaking day :-(
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM

My son likes to turn down our refridgerator... Even though the freezer has it's own dial, it will still defrost... It SUCKS!

He either cranks it all the way up, or all the way down. Makes me SOOOOOOO mad!

nngmommy83
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Yuck! I'm sorry. My mom used to light matches and they would help get fish smell outta the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by PonyFab on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Bleh. Its been a long day. House smells ok. Freezer....not so much. LOL .

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on May. 8, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Oh no! Save the food that went bad as zombie bait!! It could come in handy ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)