Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid's birthdays

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

My kids birthdays are in August and only 12 days apart. Tristan's is the 15th and Adelyn's is the 27th, I always said I wouldn't combine their birthday's but I have since had a changed of heart lol. This year I plan on getting them a brand new swingset and maybe a used play house. I decided this the other day when I was out in the play yard with them and noticed the wear on the swings they have now. Since it is a pricey gift I figured I would get it for BOTH of them for their birthday's. I looked online and found kmart had one on sale for $130 off! So I already put it on layaway (LOVE Kmarts! Especially when I can do a layaway without even leaving my house). I just looked again and the set is $50 more this week then it was last week so I'm so glad I did it when I did! But since I have only seen a picture of it I'm getting  a little nervous because according to the description it is 15'6 when assembled and that is the same size of the one we have now. BUT the new swing set has 1 more swing then the one we have now?

Anyways to the point of the post:

Would you combine your kid's birthdays and get the one big present? I still plan on having Tristan's birthday for him but maybe a BIG party sometime around Adelyn's birthday and that's when they'll get the swingset. Does that seem fair? I didn't want to combine birthdays to keep it fair but they really don't need any more toys and junk so this way feels like a win-win.... But I want to keep it fair :/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
How many years apart are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I think the one big gift is ok but I'd probably do like a saving bond or something for each as a small gift the day of. But we are all about getting the kids to save.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on May. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
i would totally do that, no reason to do it seperate while they are young.when they get older is when i would do them apart if thats what they wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on May. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
3. Tristan will be 5 Adelyn will be 2.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

How many years apart are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM

My sons birthdays are April 15th and 27th. They are 3 years apart. If we do a big party like bowling or roller skating we combine the birthday parties. This year my boys chose not to have a birthday party and each got a bigger birthday gift.

a-SiZZLe
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

My birthday is Aug 29th, one of my cousins is Aug 30th and another cousin is Sept 4th.....when we lived in the same tri-state area we combined birthdays. Was not a bad thing. Since it's a big gift for the both of them I don't see why not doing it the way you have described it. You could still do cupcakes or their fave dinner on each childs actual birthday so they arn't sharing their special day.

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on May. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

i would def do the pary big gift as in between the both of thems birthday as possible, I think a big gift for them to share is good!

hopealways4019
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Please tell me, how you can do a layaway from home?

Quoting TristanMitchael:

My kids birthdays are in August and only 12 days apart. Tristan's is the 15th and Adelyn's is the 27th, I always said I wouldn't combine their birthday's but I have since had a changed of heart lol. This year I plan on getting them a brand new swingset and maybe a used play house. I decided this the other day when I was out in the play yard with them and noticed the wear on the swings they have now. Since it is a pricey gift I figured I would get it for BOTH of them for their birthday's. I looked online and found kmart had one on sale for $130 off! So I already put it on layaway (LOVE Kmarts! Especially when I can do a layaway without even leaving my house). I just looked again and the set is $50 more this week then it was last week so I'm so glad I did it when I did! But since I have only seen a picture of it I'm getting  a little nervous because according to the description it is 15'6 when assembled and that is the same size of the one we have now. BUT the new swing set has 1 more swing then the one we have now?

Would you combine your kid's birthdays and get the one big present? I still plan on having Tristan's birthday for him but maybe a BIG party sometime around Adelyn's birthday and that's when they'll get the swingset. Does that seem fair? I didn't want to combine birthdays to keep it fair but they really don't need any more toys and junk so this way feels like a win-win.... But I want to keep it fair :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on May. 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

If you go to kmart.com and select layaway and then shop now for layaway (something like that?) Then it will let you search items that are available for layaway. Not everything on the sight is available and it also has to be available in a store near you to be able to put it on layaway.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on May. 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/dap_10151_10101_DAP_Kmart%20Layaway?adCell=W1layaway&adCell=W1P

Follow the link and Click Shop Layaway :)

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)