Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids birthdays are in August and only 12 days apart. Tristan's is the 15th and Adelyn's is the 27th, I always said I wouldn't combine their birthday's but I have since had a changed of heart lol. This year I plan on getting them a brand new swingset and maybe a used play house. I decided this the other day when I was out in the play yard with them and noticed the wear on the swings they have now. Since it is a pricey gift I figured I would get it for BOTH of them for their birthday's. I looked online and found kmart had one on sale for $130 off! So I already put it on layaway (LOVE Kmarts! Especially when I can do a layaway without even leaving my house). I just looked again and the set is $50 more this week then it was last week so I'm so glad I did it when I did! But since I have only seen a picture of it I'm getting  a little nervous because according to the description it is 15'6 when assembled and that is the same size of the one we have now. BUT the new swing set has 1 more swing then the one we have now?

Anyways to the point of the post:

Would you combine your kid's birthdays and get the one big present? I still plan on having Tristan's birthday for him but maybe a BIG party sometime around Adelyn's birthday and that's when they'll get the swingset. Does that seem fair? I didn't want to combine birthdays to keep it fair but they really don't need any more toys and junk so this way feels like a win-win.... But I want to keep it fair :/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Replies (11-12):
nngmommy83
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I would do like a smal bday at home for each and then one big one for both in between but yes I would totally combine them

MommyAkaTiffany
by Tiffany on May. 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

My kids birthdays are one month to the day apart and I thought the same as you I wouldnt have combined parties for them but this year I am and I think they are both excited about it, I say have a combined party and gift!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)